Picking up my first Westi tomorrow

johnbmaximus

Good luck tomorrow John, from the pictures I have seen of the car it looks a very well sorted piece of kit, and in a twist of fete, the car was previously owned by a chap not twenty miles from where John lives,

Hopefully see ya Sunday for a run out then John ??

John, just take it easy, especially if it's wet. The power to weight ratio will be far more than you may be used to. If you floor it and the back end breaks away it could end in tears.

So take it easy and enjoy. You'll soon get used to it and be able to handle it. Only problem is getting the grin off your face, it may become permanent :)

Oh oh latest reports from friends and family in Aberdeen  is ......heavy rain John !!! ......you will be able to perfect the getting in and out of the car with roof on technique !!! 

welcome :) im in the 3rd week of owndership/and on here!  I picked up my westy from Glasgow and drove it back to Cheltenham in one go, the seats are more comfy than you imagine/they look!  :)

Enjoying every blat out in her :)

• Like 1

Love the idea of that marathon first trip  :d 

LOL 540 miles was my first drive ............loved every one of them .......................1000 miles in the first 3.5 weeks of ownership 

Love the idea of that marathon first trip  :d

:) was good fun! everyone was like omg that's so far!! it was only 350 miles. but great to learn the car and potter along at your own speed.

Did have a lid on and my iphone ears in (illegal I think) and the miles flew by!!

Did it go well?

This the navy blue turbo engine one?  If so, looked a nice car.

Not many westfields around up here and that's now 2 less with mine gone and now this one.

Cheers,

Dave

This the navy blue turbo engine one?  If so, looked a nice car.

Not many westfields around up here and that's now 2 less with mine gone and now this one.

Cheers,

Dave

2 gone and one added Dave net loss 1 lol

Drove my last one back to central Scotland from the south coast - nearly 600 miles by the time I got back, 12 hours on the road  (11 in the pi$$ing rain with no hood, one breakdown in the dark and M74 closed when I reached it! Good fun but a long day and would probably trailer it next time.

Matt

We still dont know what happened do we??????????

I meet John up the horsepass last Sunday with some others from North Wales, Wirral area for a blat

So he serived the pickup return trip, I didn't have much chance to chat as he left the group in Corwen (in the rain)

Looked a very nice car :)