its hard being a parent sometimes

SteveD

I'm sitting here thinking "what would I have done if one of my kids lost a friend at 15". Truth is I wouldn't have known where to start.

Same here... it's not easy knowing how to deal with all things life throws at you, but when it affects kids it's so much harder.

Whatever you do, he'll know you're there for him and that's what counts.

It's horrible Steve. You did the right thing!

Experiencing loss of someone close young will allow him to have the support of his family through the difficult time and not be on his own, in a flat when having added stress of life. I was 13 when my best friend was run over on their paper round. Some moron not slowing to 30 through the housing estate at the entrance to the village. Latest was a friend about 18 months ago and I was offered the day off and to go home (I found out during morning coffee break), but always found it best to continue as normal and not be fussed over or sent home. Once home I'd only be sat in silence... Alone.