A visit to sunny France

Tyson

Just returned from a lovely relaxing week  in France at Norman and Lynns gite :zzz: . Mrs T and myself travelled over in the Westfield :westy: so we could sample some empty smooth French roads.

Many thanks to Mr & Mrs V for there hospitality, the red wine went down a treat :suspect:  as did the lager consumption in the bar. :d  

• Like 1

You're very welcome and we enjoyed your company.

HM says, if she can get a word in, she had a good week as well. That was the first time we've been in the Irish bar, we'll be going again.

How did I miss that.....where is it Norm?

It's in Chateubriant. Every time we drove past it was closed so we thought they had gone bust. Then a few weeks ago we were going for a Chinese one Friday night and it was open. Screeched to a halt, parked up and went in. They only open in the evenings. So we went on the Monday night. I was going to take some jazz CDs and he was going to let us have a jazz night. HM insisted on driving and without thinking I let her, leaving all tyhe CDs in my car!

What a plonker,

Rodney Trotter.

Sooooo, next trip will be a visit to the irish... Guinness all round...

It wasn't you that passed us on the A16 from Calais last Sunday morning was it?

We saw a 7 type car loaded down and heading for the sun :)

It wasn't you that passed us on the A16 from Calais last Sunday morning was it?

We saw a 7 type car loaded down and heading for the sun :)

No, we went down on Saturday 27th July and returned to the UK on Saturday 3rd August

It was Sunday 28th not last Sunday oops (time flys)

It might have been a Caterham not a Westy I was towing and he was motoring :)

so didn't get a good look

But what a cracking weeks weather you had in France, we go most years and its been the hottest week we've seen :)

To be honest it's been too hot. It reached 34 c one day. I've been laying tiles outside and I was only managing to work to 16:00 and I was a shattered, limp, wet rag by then.

It's now setled down to high 20's and we've had a few showers so it's just nice.

We're off to a folk concert at Lorient today so you can all have a rest from my moaning :)