Who follows the BTCC?

WestyNottm

I attended the BTCC last weekend at Snetterton and had a great couple of days with some exciting action on track. A pity Snetterton isn't the most spectator friendly venue. At 3 miles long it is difficult to find a location where more than just a fraction of the track can be seen - I finally settled on a grandstand seat at Bomb Hole. Can't wait to watch it properly on my Sky recording!

I just wondered how many fellow WSCCers followed the BTCC?

I always try to watch it on ITV4, although series link doesn't seem to work properly for it! I've been down to Thruxton in the past but frankly it's full of loud mouth chavs and Id rather get a better view from my sofa!

Snetterton was fantastic racing entertainment! Always record full days BTCC ITV 4 program to watch at my leisure.

And go to Oulton Park.

Im a big fan and try to get to Silverstone when I can - agree that the sofa view is better though!

We were 10 miles up the A14 at Hethel for a round of the Speed Series (on Sunday), as we left and passed Snetterton I could see the spectators waiting for the last race.

I normally try to watch it on Sky+ on the Sunday evening. They seem to get close racing using ballast weights on the front runners......

Interesting seing the difference between the front and rear wheel drive cars as the race progresses.

Still not as good as the days of the RS500's :)

Garry

At the end of the ITV4 coverage Steve Rider mentioned the classic BTCC racing at Silverstone which featured the old RS500's, Lagunas, Primeras et al. Think he said the highlights would be shown a week on Thursday at 10pm on ITV4

My fav ever BTCC race. That was the first season I saw when I was 10 and I wanted a BMW e36 coupe for the next 12 years. While Soper's move to take Cleland out was and still is outrageous I still think he deserved it!

I think that ITV4's coverage of the BTCC series is excellent and record every one on Sky to watch again when I get back home. I forgot that series link didn't work so thank goodness for the Sky App - I was able to set the recording from the circuit!

Nothing can beat being there and hearing the noise and smelling the tortured tyres though!

I'm just an ITV4 watcher.    MG 6's doing well I see.  Are the Chinese trying to get us to buy them for the road?  if they are, it doesn't seem to be working.

Judging by all the replica shirts being worn, MG drivers Tordoff and Plato are both very popular with the fans but I agree, it doesn't seem to translate to vehicle sales on UK roads.

Does the MG6 even have a sporty variant?

Does the MG6 even have a sporty variant?

Yes,  It's an MG6 so they are all sporty  :oops:

Toolorders have a lot to do with BTCC as Zach Rigby the Director is also involved with MotorBase Airwaves BTCC team..... we sorted some pit access for some folks at Oulton for some WSCC folks earlier in the year......

James