Hello boys and girls i'm a newbie!

3cxjay

Just thought i would say hi, I've just signed up. I've got a 1990 westfield sei with a straight cut type 9 box and a toyota 1600 20v engine. I'm not a jap man as i have always run fords but i am very impressed with the engine. I'm looking for a full cage for it, can other kit car cages be fabricated to fit? Is there say a caterham model that nearly fits? Thanks in advance. 

Hello and welcome, there are several companies other than Westfield that do cages not sure about other makes of kit car though. Not too sure about a nearly fit with something like a cage it might nearly save your life!!! think I would have a look around and find one custom made to fit the Westfield.

Welcome to the Club,

You are a rare breed living in Lincs. ( North or South )

I am sure it will be a great source of help and information to you.

regards,

John.

Welcome  :t-up:

There are plenty of options for your cage. A quick search on these very forums will find something and I'm sure someone will be along with more info.

There's a couple of Areas near you (http://www.wscc.co.uk/local.htm) worth a run out to one of thier meets  :d

Plays-Kool, one of our WSCC Traders, do full cages for both narrow and wide body versions.  Check the Sponsors and Traders Area in the boardroom, there's a link in there to them, and they're also based in the North East.

Oh, and welcome on board! :)

EDIT: Here you go

Hello and welcome.

Although there are too few 'girls' driving Westies.

Although SWMBO is trying to encourage others!

There might be many that drive like Girlz!

Ducks behind cover!!!!! ;-D

• Like 1

Hi, welcome aboard!

I'm curious about how well the Toyota engines work in westfield's. not common, but never heard anything bad about them.

As for the cage, there's not much advice I can give, but I have seen adverts for custom built cages and known people have their own fabricated. As for track regulations and legality... Again, nothing I can offer. But I'd agree with Plays kool being the first place to look... Used them myself for thing s and never an issue. A poorly fitting or poorly made cage is worse then a well fitted roll bar.

Welcome, you'll find plenty of advice forthcoming. I can't help cause I'm one of those girls who drives an aero screened car.

Hi there - you would be very welcome to cone in and join in the fun with us lot around the Peterborough area :-)

Just drop me a pm if you like

Enjoy your motor

Welcome, have fun in your car - is it Roger Donoghue's car?

JHames 

Welcome to the mad house :)

I may not be too far from you depending where in lincs you live. I have the plays-kool cage and your welcome to have a look at it.

Phil

Great replies chaps, irl keep a lookout 4 a cage, not spendin owt on the westy until I have sold my track car! Im based in east lincs near horncastle, is there a meet 4 the lincs region monthly or anything?

I understand that the Lincs area meets stopped about 2 years ago ( I believe they held their meeting near Market Rasen ).

There was a Westfield for sale in Horncastle last year, but I think mine is now the only car in this area.

John.