the best sound

Steve_Farrimond

as the title says

my two contenders, the Audi Quattro

and the Ferrari F40

any better? 

I followed Nick Mason in his F40 through the tunnel near Stoke once and he gave it full throttle. Sounded unbelievable and the flames were huge!

• Like 1

No doubt in my mind. Youtube Andy Burton either Alfa Ferrari or Peugeot Cosworth. Remember these were home built cars and were beating full on WRC cars. Eventually the MSA banned the cars as it was obviously not on for a home built car to be beating the best that the major manufacturers could produce. It s quite something to be able to build cars like this but to be able to drive them as well is incredible. People who were not into rallying used to go just to hear these cars. Yet another own goal for the MSA in banning them. Its worth going to Andy Burtons website to read about the builds.

Lola T70 :cool: does it for me

I'm currently a fan of the Maseratis:

Only problem (money aside) is that I don't think I'd want to go to a club meet and discover SteveD had put a "Gayer Inside" sticker on the side, it having a Ferrari derived engine and all that...

Don't like the look of the Maserati but they do sound awesome.

I'd agree with that, Steve, but can you think of another full(ish) 4-seater that sounds/goes half that well? Most claim to be 2+2 but are really 2+shopping.

You should have heard mine going down the main road in Macclesfield towards Leek.

There was no wadding in the silencer. The sound reverbertaing off the tall buildings, which are close to the road was pretty good.

Why has nobody mentioned this?

I think the reason is that we all assumed that he meant car sound as the original post was of two cars... :t-up:

We've had these "What's the best sounding car" threads before and have all agreed this is the best----