Autosolo Video

Ninja

hand brake is best mounted vertically (as per Strikers) if you really get into it

I have to say, it looks like good fun! Wonder if there are any going on round here.

Could WSCC/AOs organise them for us?  :)

:oops:

Probably too many hoops and too much paperwork  :down:

Seems to be a few organised at Lymm truckstop, though I think we may have missed them now.

Could WSCC/AOs organise them for us? :)

:oops:

Probably too many hoops and too much paperwork :down:

I think you may find the one with the hoops is croquet! :) :)

Thats just mesmerising to watch!  :yes:  :d  :cool:

wow  - had not watch due to using my phone but just seen this and Mark's initial video - great stuff :t-up:

Could WSCC/AOs organise them for us?  :) :oops: Probably too many hoops and too much paperwork  :down:

I can't see any reason why WSCC couldn't organise an AutoSolo. It needs to be run under the appropriate MSA permit of course.

I think the key would be finding a suitable venue, plus organisers.

Would it potentially fit at Stoneleigh? (I have not been yet and don't know the site)

For Organisation I'd suggest enlisting the help of experienced people, or shadowing them at a successful event beforehand for accelerated learning. The key officials will be key, but unlike for a Speed event the Clerk of the Course is not a licensed position.

If anyone wants to discuss this please let me know.

I can't see any reason why WSCC couldn't organise an AutoSolo. It needs to be run under the appropriate MSA permit of course.

I think the key would be finding a suitable venue, plus organisers.

Would it potentially fit at Stoneleigh? (I have not been yet and don't know the site)

For Organisation I'd suggest enlisting the help of experienced people, or shadowing them at a successful event beforehand for accelerated learning. The key officials will be key, but unlike for a Speed event the Clerk of the Course is not a licensed position.

If anyone wants to discuss this please let me know.

Great Idea, sorry I can't do the organising, but happy to help in any other way.

Possibly 2 or 3 Area's joining together to organise it would be a good idea.

I did a LOT of ground work in arranging rental of North Weald airfield for an activity day last year that didn't quite make it.

I'm happy again to do a lot of the legwork but I would need someone who can stump up the public liability. This is a current autosolo and Sprint venue with potentially two courses and accessible to Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridge, London, and Kent easily.

Let me know if this might be of use?

I did a LOT of ground work in arranging rental of North Weald airfield for an activity day last year that didn't quite make it.

I'm happy again to do a lot of the legwork but I would need someone who can stump up the public liability. This is a current autosolo and Sprint venue with potentially two courses and accessible to Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridge, London, and Kent easily.

Westfield Sports CC is an MSA Member Club, so an event run by it under the appropriate permit would receive its Public Liability Insurance as part of that MSA permit application.

As you say North Weald is a current AutoSolo venue - I've competed there myself- and there's plenty of space. If there's interest in taking this forward, I have contacts that way including a previous Clerk of the Course, so I may be able to enlist some experienced help for you. Happy to have a chat on the phone if you PM me your number.

Guidance notes are on running an event are on Page 60 of the Motor Club Manual

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/Motor_Club_Manual.pdf

(Plus Blue Book of course)

I think this could be a great event and place to give people of all experience levels a taste of grassroots Motorsport on the back of their existing WSCC membership.

Great! I'll PM you my number and dig out the old emails with the conversations I had with North Weald.

I think a problem with the venue is a lack of weekend dates but we could either plan further in the future when the next weekend is available or go for a mid-week, whichever is preferred.

Debden might be easier re availability - they used to run go karting there but since it has closed there are several spare motorsports days available.

i will be up for this, i did look at attending one local on grass but the dates moved.

I had a long chat with Andrew about the ins and outs of arranging a WSCC AutoSolo and there are a few things we would need to look into but it's definitely possible as long as we can get enough support. 

I can get North Weald for the Sunday 20th October but I'm not sure if that's enough time to get everything sorted and giving people enough notice to get the numbers we would need on board. 

Looking at the figures we'd be looking at less than £50 per person for a full day with 4 courses and 3 runs per driver per course.

I'll start a new thread on this but in the meanwhile if anyone is interested in helping get this off the ground (Andrew - Bispers has already offered support) then please drop me a PM

• Like 1

I would be willing to assist with anything in the North West.