Big thanks at llandow

RobC

Thanks to everyone that helped me yesterday. Guidance, helping push me up the paddock and battery retrieval from the start line.

Especially Barry, Chris and Toms family.

Many many thanks.

• Like 1

Glad you were able to keep running 

Similar problem to what I had!

Not a problem mate, glad we could help out, didn't want you going home early when you didn't need to.

Just wanted to also say thanks to everyone who ran the day and managing to get the first timed run in before lunch due to the incoming rain.......  Meant we could get the 2nd timed run in before the rain arrived after lunch

:t-up:  :t-up:

• Like 1

My alternator dissasembled itself Terry after the first run. :( I need to sort out my engine mounts to stop this happening again and a new alternator. Alternators sorted and sitting on my desk, just needs wiring doing and then get on the case with the mounts.

Had a great day dispite not replicating the 81sec time from practice, but all in all fun was had.

Glad you managed to keep going and not ruin your day. Try to get engine mounts that are almost solid someone will know the supplier if you post in TECH section

Yeah Barry was telling me to get some nylon rod and make my own. Need to find out what I need and sort it out.

Rally Design.do nice stiff rubber ones

If i remember rightly I have ones from SBD on the car already... there meant to be quite stiff. But will have a look over at Rally Design now. Thanks John

Hi Rob  - As discussed with Barry and me at Llandow. I used a length of 70 mm Diameter Nylon 66 Rod from Davis Industrial Online Plastics

http://www.davis-plastics.co.uk

If I recall it was about £36 for 0.5 metre length inc VAT and delivery.

That was enough for 3 car sets (engine mounts and gearbox mount).

Keith

Many thanks Guys going to look into this today :)

Its a Zetec isnt it? So how come no other Zetec engined car has this same problem? I would look else where for the solution............

Normally John this wouldn't be a problem for the zetec. But with the dry sump installation the alternator is further over and there is also contact being made with one of the JIC fittings too on the steering column due to movement in the mounts

I now have a denso alternator to overcome the space issue with that. But what other options are there..?

Barry and Keith are there any negative to going down the nylon route? ie chassis flex or cracking?