Where to weigh in scrap metal, Cheshire.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Oh power of the Boardroom, normally I just throw bits and bobs away that don't move on the 'Bay etc. But got to wondering, is there anywhere decent near Congleton that i can weigh this crap in at and recover some beer tokens?

(Plenty of scrap metal places in the Yellow Pages, just looking for personal recommendations).

There's nothing huge, it's just old flywheels, brake discs, odd bits of engine bracketary, old cams etc, stuff like that.

No where round here buys in less than a ton, unless its alloys or copper.

That was in the back of my mind too.

northwich scrap metal , sandbach car and comercial , wuv

Saw Sandbach Car and Commercial. Will give em a try during the week.

I use EMR - go im, they will do an account and give u a bar code and issue a cheque immediately :-) 

6p/kg for steel and cast iron! Knew it wouldn't be worth much, but didn't think it would be quite that little! (At work it's usually just copper that gets weighed in, I realised it'd be nothing like that)

Don't know if that is a fair price just did a quick search out of interest as I have a few bits kicking around, As you say 6p/Kg for steel its not worth getting your hands dirty,

Just leave it at the bottom of your drive the tat man will have it away before you know it (we seem to have 2 or 3 a day by us)

Probably thirty/forty kg all in, ah well, it was a thought.

We have an iggy-oggy man come round and I let him take all my scrap.

(iggy-oggy was what we called our Steptoe on his horse and cart.)

I have a bin for stainess and a bin for copper this is then worth the hassle.

400/500 pound for a small trailer full at Northwich scrap metals. not sure on the weights, but standard cast iron, steel and galv, isn't worth a cent really.