Jessa's fortune

clansman

I remember him saying, on one of the chat shows, that he'll keep working whilst he can because in his business your face doesn't normally fit for long.

Good luck to him, I'm always pleased to see someone do well who hasn't trampled over others to get what they want.

• Like 1

I have no issue with him making money. Although he did not start out poor, he has worked hard and taken every opportunity that came his way. I also like that he is not a PC driven idiot

I like JC. If I actually thought the buffoon he plays was him I probably wouldn't though. I remember when I was a child watching him on old Top Gear with my Dad. His reviews were SO much more exciting than the other presenters. I used to read the odd article by him too. Possibly when he did the odd piece for old PerformanceCar mag before it folded. He has made himself and others very wealthy through Top Gear and should be applauded for seizing the opportunity and making the most of it.

Yep, started reading Jezza when he's first did his Performance Car articles in the eighties, before the mag went all Max Power and became targeted at kids.

Still remember the guilty thrill hearing that he was going to be on Top Gear, (it's hard to picture now, just how stiff and buttoned up "classic" Top Gear was), and thinking how much of a culture shock to the program Clarkson would be!

Oi, watch it. i'm a founder member of the Beige Society.

Yep, a beige character.

(actually I found a pair of beige trousers HM bought me about 20 years ago yesterday. They've never been worn. They won't fit me now so I may as well bin them.)

Beige, how spot on! Good old Wooly Woolard and, er was it Chris Goffey(?) the epitome of everything that came to be cliched about motoring journos, and the origins, on telly at least, of the casual sat back against the car, one foot on the bumper style of presenting.

Loved it back then in so many ways! (If I could only have one TG though, it would be the new non-motoring motoring program)