Just before the storm hit

7sRWild

Just time for a couple of shots before I high tailed it for home...and yes, I got p******** thru.  [/url]">http://130722_3871-copy_zpsb7f7d5c6.jpg

• Like 2

Had to mess with this one...what ya think? [/url]">http://130722_3877-copy_zpsab438fb1.jpg

Nice effect but IMHO the car (subject) needs to be more visible............but still a very moody shot ..................Lightroom?  

About 01:00 last night I was awoken by lightening in the sky.

I was a distance away but I watched as it got closer. By 02:30 it was overhead. Then the rain started, huge heavy raindrops hammering down on the roof and Velux windows. HM was awake by now and wanted to go downstairs. The power went off as we were getting out of bed. She took her wind up torch from her bedside cupboard as the lights came back on.

We went downstairs and it looked like daylight outside so continuous was the lightening.

By 03:15 it had moved away and we were left with a gentle, silent rain and much cooler air.

We went back to bed and the rest of the night was uneventful .

It's on it's way to folks, enjoy.

Lovely warm morning here in the Chilterns - pigeons cooing outside my window as I type. :)

Cornwall and Chilterns are next, so the BBC says.

Is this the good morning thread ?  Well good moaning anyhows.

Got a clear day here and cant decide to take the Westfield or the Lotus out.

Might have to toss for it so back to bed first and try to make up my mind.

More like the good moaning thread.

Needs a good storm here to clear the air, still very oppressive.

Love a good lightening show. Best one I've ever seen was in the Swiss Alps, leaping from leak to peak, and the thunder coming rolling down the valleys in mighty shock waves.

Best storm I've seen was in the centre of France in a huge cloud, reaching up to the heavens in a huge round ball. The storm was in it. The lightening forked from side to side illuminating the whole cloud which must have been many miles across, 

5 Sevens stopped in a country road, all got out and watched this amazing show for at least half hour.

Anyway, Dave, don't expect cooler air after, it so hot and humid here that if I do anything outside I just turn into a big soggy mess.

back.on topic, first shot is great - hope you have kept one or two back for the calender.

• Like 1

Steve and Linda are great photographers so I'm sure they have plenty for the calendar.

First shot, like, second doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid.  :down: