Microsoft Scam

iain m

Just been phoned by an Indian Lady claiming to be from MICOSOFT my computer has been causing problems for the past 2 days!!!!! If I go to my computer she will sort my problems out? ??? I then hung up. My brother in law informs me they take out your virus programme and install their own and send out outrageous invoices followed up by enthusiastic debt collectors.

Two hours earlier I had the third call from a Gumtree enquiry regarding swimming pool equipment I have for sale, they again could not get here today and if I gave them my bank details they would send me a generous deposit, I suggested they stuff some notes into a envelope and I would have it tomorrow, oh, we don't have a local post office they said!!

Yesterday O2 charged me for £20 of junk text that were sent whilst I was in Greece last month!!!

I have just convinced the TAX man he has incorrectly reduced my tax code for the third year running.

It's not a very nice world at the moment.

The Microsoft scam is hilarious. The fact you clocked it is a good sign you still have all your marbles as they really are preying on vulnerable people. Next time see how much of their time you can waste.

• Like 1

Being a bit IT savvy I love those "Your computer has been infected and we can sort it out" calls. I ask them which computer as I have many, perhaps they could see from thier logs that they refer to which IP address it is or maybe its the one on the secure government VPN... I have not had a call from them since, I do miss our little chats.

As to you other woes I can only sympathise and expect tomorrow (or even this afternoon) will be way better.

You're right Microsoft is a scam    .

Personally I don't like them. They always taste funny. Prefer chips and fish.