considering moving to the dark side..

cast iron

Looking at options for what to race next year and the price to convert my car to a bike engine so in a nuts hell im looking for a blade engined car

not interested in silly money for a concourse car, as its going to be a race car

must be road leagal and running

alternately blade conversion parts, reverse box, engine cradle, exhaust manifold etc

W.H.Y?

There was someone trying to sell a whole blade engine and bits last week

Look on parts for sale

But for rgb racing etc it needs to be 2008 blade IMHO

Speak to Andy Bates etc

And at the risk of causing offence if its a bike engine race car dont limit your options to a westfield there are perhaps better race car options available check out other makes to and the results and times achieved by others ;-) in various championships

Hi Terry

Ive seen Andys prices - A mate just went to him with a similar proposal and he said it would be circa 10K

Hi Mark

Ive seen MK indies for reasonable money - But im a Westfield Man LOL

Just for the record an Andy Bates engine kit comes with all the parts you need including a billet sump, fuel pump for your tank, wiring loom diagram, 2 "bypass" sensors" and harness to strip down and  fix, ecu, power commander V for mapping, guidance on mods to thermostat housing and water pump ( needs to rum a Davis Craig EWP 80). Its not the cheapest but his engines are from good sources and low mileage bikes. He will provide all help and assistance required. He will fabricate a new exhaust manifold for about £750 if you take car to him. This lot would be about £5000/£6000. If you want bigger blade power and pay someone to modify your car etc then there are labour costs to add. 

Hi Mark

I have a westfield reverse box for sale

• Like 1

about time :p  :p  :oops:

Bike engine might be a bit too powerful? :laugh:

Congrats and well done on your loyalty to the Westfield brand mark ;-)

You're sure to have fun driving a westfield and have many close races with similar spec cars :-)

My experience of Megabusas hasnt been good, seen plenty demolish gearboxes, predicted it for one of the Lads in the NSSCC sure enough half way through the season it stripped its teeth

No doubting Andy Bates credentials Terry. My mate has a carb blade engined car, he seriously wanted 10K to swap it for a new injection one...

May have a complete package deal in the pipeline. Big problem is the NSSCC regs aren't that stable...

Mark if your going down the BEC route I would hang on till the end of the season to see if any come up fur sale.

Even if you source an engine yourself you will still need to go to AB for the sump and various other parts needed. You will be in the reagion of 4-5k to do a conversion on yours. Give me a bell if you want to discuss. I've have a good contact for bike engine rebuilds.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.