1999 2.0L Zetec SEW in Red NOW SOLD NOW SOLD

Marto303

Probably a bit cheap at £5k and too expensive at £8250

Probably a bit cheap at £5k and too expensive at £8250

that's my thoughts , but that's business ,good luck to him

that's my thoughts , but that's business ,good luck to him

I couldn't disagree more!

I think it's a shame that some people have to rely on deception and untruths to try and turn a profit. That car does not have a LSD, it does not have Pro Race wheels and although they don't say it's a Dunnel prepped engine thats the impression they are giving, but thats ok in the name of business, not in my book it's not.

Some poor unsuspecting buyer is going to spend thier hard earned cash on that car beliving it to be something it's not, lets hope who ever they are, like Adam did, they ask the question on here first and know the truth before they buy.

Ah, understand now, that's something quite different if they're deliberately trying to mislead buyers.

I'm guessing what Steve possibly had in the back of his mind was a few threads a couple of years ago, where sellers had sold quite cheaply - a few after advertising at higher for some time, and one or two simply after a quick sale.

These were bought by dealers who essentially tarted them up and maybe gave the a service but not much more physically. But were then advertised for considerably more, (with warranties etc)

Of course advertising is one thing and selling another.

• Like 2

Got to give the punters room to do a deal!

What has been done is how many dealers live. One hell of a mark up and false advertising.

Dunnell engine bit reminds me of many cars I've been stuck behind in the past. M3 badges on a Nissan Almera, V8 stickers on a fiesta, RS stickers on a focus diesel...

I'm sure everyone's seen them. I often wonder how many cars have stickers and sold as if original. Didn't Clarkson buy a Ferrari Mondial SS that wasn't an SS, just had a SS badge. This was in a £10k super car challenge. But sure many are just things people stick on wishing they had.

I'm sure everyone's seen them. I often wonder how many cars have stickers and sold as if original. Didn't Clarkson buy a Ferrari Mondial SS that wasn't an SS, just had a SS badge. This was in a £10k super car challenge. But sure many are just things people stick on wishing they had.

It was a Maserati Merak SS (or not as it turned out...)

Lets just hope that this thread isn't being read in a few weeks by a new member who's just paid over the odds for his new car

I couldn't disagree more!

I think it's a shame that some people have to rely on deception and untruths to try and turn a profit. That car does not have a LSD, it does not have Pro Race wheels and although they don't say it's a Dunnel prepped engine thats the impression they are giving, but thats ok in the name of business, not in my book it's not.

Some poor unsuspecting buyer is going to spend thier hard earned cash on that car beliving it to be something it's not, lets hope who ever they are, like Adam did, they ask the question on here first and know the truth before they buy.

yes I agree but I wasn't meaning that as I hadn't compared specs ,what I was getting at if you sold it for x amount and you are happy with what you got then there is nothing wrong with them selling on for a profit , but yes if they are being decepitive then that's a totally different story

I have bought lots of westfields for what the seller has advertised them for ,not argued just said I would pay the asking price then done some work on them etc etc blah de blah and sold them on for a profit,some you don't make money on and some you loose but that's business

Looks like he has fitted a new manifold and exhaust and spent some time cleaning and sticking dunnel graphics on still not 3k worth.... he makes no mention of dunnel in his advert

Not outright dishonest but not cricket by a long shot. This one will give honest traders and individuals a bad name..... as said previously I hope this thread is not read in the future by the next owner.... I hope I am wrong and

This car has haf some serious improvements and cash spent but in a couple of weeks how likely is that

yes I agree but I wasn't meaning that as I hadn't compared specs ,what I was getting at if you sold it for x amount and you are happy with what you got then there is nothing wrong with them selling on for a profit , but yes if they are being decepitive then that's a totally different story

I have bought lots of westfields for what the seller has advertised them for ,not argued just said I would pay the asking price then done some work on them etc etc blah de blah and sold them on for a profit,some you don't make money on and some you loose but that's business

Sorry Steve I may have misunderstood your comment, your quite right that there is nothing wrong with making a profit on a sale and that is business. 

I was very happy with the price I sold that car for, I felt it left room for the new owner to spend some money where needed and still have a car at the correct value wether they intended to keep it or sell it on. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.