Lame Attempted Scam of the Day

Captain Colonial

I had an even dafter one that that. The call started the same as Scott's, but my first comment was "So you're from PlusNet, are you?". The phone jockey sounded confused, said "No - BT." then put the phone down.

Clueless. Absolutely clueless...

That's not fair... phone jockey might not know that PlusNet is owned by BT (really, it is) or be calling from a BT call centre.

But as it's all a scam, it really doesn't matter!

Sadly, they never phone me... but I do occasionally discover that distant "relatives" have died leaving no obvious next of kin.

I get a fair number of emails offering me the services we use in our own computer system.

Ok, sorry to steal the thread...

Just off phone to Mother C

I told her about the exciting conversation we have on here and we discussed this topic. She started giggling and said that after my grandfather passed in 2007 my grandmother moved to Wells, Somerset, and a smaller three bedroom bungalow that she could manage on her own. Shortly after having the phone connected she had a scammer tell her a similar story about her PC and Internet, or something, to which my nan rattled off down the phone about not even having a microwave, sky TV or a mobile... Let alone an Internet with PC connectivity! After he hung up the lovely old lady phoned my mum, auntie and uncle trying to find out who the guy was, who he worked for and how to contact him for a telling off! How rude to put the phone down, does he put the phone down on his mother?

:laugh:

A favorite one a mate put me on was- hold on I will just get my mum !!!!!!!

Then just leave the phone off the hook and have a nap

Locking up the line for a while ;)

Don't know if it still works, I don't do it anymore as I've an 0800 number and might end up paying for the call :(

Just realised that I get scammed every day......

... it's called marriage.

Don't worry about reading the text, just wait for the attached audio file to download and start playing automatically - pure gold :d

Clicky

Funniest thing I've heard in a long time!  :laugh:

I just reported the PayPal scam to Fraud Action (or whatever).

So nothing will happen there.