The life and tales of a road going sprint car

Bennett156

Any tips for what to take or do when traveling longer distances in these types of cars would be much appreciated. Especially when the weather turns! Any recomendations for what brand of jackets etc I should invest in to keep warm and dry as possible?

I have JK Composite's GRP seats with drainage holes and a £20 'waterproof' m/cycle suit from Aldi.  Just add jumpers as required.

Rory's Dad

As said above. Any waterproof and stuff to keep warm if needed.

I just got back from Mira through showers. (James did also).

I have an aero screen and so long as your moving its not so bad.

If you haven't got a tonneau might be worth investing?

I Pulled out of Mira and the heavens opened. The new side screens and half hood work beautifully, all that got wet was my right leg and my crouch after trying to drink water whilst driving. A bit embarrassing when I pulled over for fuel :)

I saw Chris come past me with his helmet and tonneau and he seemed to look quite comfortable. After his performance on the track I didn't try and keep up with him ;)

That was a sterling job with 130bhp Chris. Well done mate.

Haha with the look of those clouds mate I wasn't hanging about to see if they were going to open!

I contemplated drinking coffee through a straw Saturday morning on route... After your experience I'm glad I didn't!

The hood and doors looked like a great idea in the rain! I was very envious when you were leaving.

I was quite damp in traffic and downpours!

Bit of the Westfield blow dry solved that though!

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this takes me back - Did 3500 miles in my 3rd year of sprinting, drove to all events from Darlington including Goodwood! 7 hours to Penbrey, Lotton park, Shelsey Walsh, Knockhill. Nearly won the championship outright to boot.

That was 2006 when Mark Smith, you and me all scored maximum points and it was decide on a count back with time differences!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just returned from working away in Japan. (Sorry again for missing the awards!!)

During my time over there, i was lucky enough to be able to go and watch the final round of the Super GT series at Motegi Race Track. (Incredible place)

(Last ever race using the fire breathing V8's!!)

The support race was a SUburu BRZ & Toyota GT 86 race. Its insane how many cars they had on one track! 

On the 100km (6.5 hour) trip back. (Dont believe what Top Gear may have you believe about Japan Congestion, its huge)

I spotted two of the support race drivers, making there way home on the highway.

gallery_18947_228_396964.jpg

gallery_18947_228_246070.jpg

gallery_18947_228_84403.jpg

gallery_18947_228_145671.jpg

Eagle eyed viewers will notice the number plates...

The licences also place the cars as registered near Koyoto, which means they had a return leg of around 400-500 km!

TRUE ROAD WARRIORS!!!

Think I'm back working for Nissan in the new year.

What is it u do chris

Think I'm back working for Nissan in the new year.

What is it u do chris

I work as a Design Engineer in Cranfield.

What is it you'll be doing Phill?

Chris, I went to Cranfield University... that must get me in ???  Old boy network and all that, i've still got my tie somewhere... :yes: