Cambridge Area August Events/Dates.

chazpowerslide

Heads up for August dates.

2nd Wednesday of the month at the Old Ferryboat, Hollywell St Ives.

6pm to 10pm as per usual.

Details of venue are on the link below.

https://www.oldenglishinns.co.uk/our-locations/the-old-ferry-boat-st-ives/

The dates for the last Sunday of the months seem to clash with both Cleggy and I so we have made a decision to move the date to Sunday September 1st.

The plan is as follows.

Weather permitting we are going to have a BBQ on Brancaster Beach. 

There is ample parking at the beach and I think a day parking ticket is around £3.00

The primary meet up points will be the same as the Fish & Chip run on the 25th July (Eye Services Peterborough and Tesco Milton) then both groups will form up at the services at Downham Market (times to be advised)

The plan is to have a good blat around the local area (on the way to Brancaster) and then to BBQ in the early afternoon.

We will supply the BBQ, sauces, sundries and a cook (that'll be me then).

All you need to bring is something to drink, some dead animal for me to carbonise and a bun to put it in.

I aim to be cooking by 1pm.

Brancaster beach is on the following link (look for the golf club) 

It's a HUGE beach with plenty of shallow water (good for having a paddle) but it can be a bit windy.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=brancaster+beach&hl=en&ll=52.963012,0.639181&spn=0.041049,0.111494&hq=beach&hnear=Brancaster,+Norfolk,+United+Kingdom&t=m&fll=52.960479,0.635233&fspn=0.041051,0.111494&z=14

There is a kiosk that does soft drinks, ice cream, tean and coffee ect and public toilets that are a short walk from the beach.

Other areas are welcome to come along and maybe we can put together some post BBQ silly games or a game of footy

Post up if you are interested.

Chaz.

• Like 1

All good stuff - I shall bring cake

• 2 weeks later...

BTTT on this one.

Wednesday 14th August Ferryboat Meeting.

Sunday 1st September BBQ on the beach at Brancaster.

Chaz.

Chaz after a chat with Clark today about the next meeting not being next week as i thought ive looked on here and the dates wrong mate 2nd Wednesdays the 14th.

Should also be up for the BBQ run.

Dave...

I'd like to come along on 1st Sept (weather permitting) and introduce myself if that is ok?

I'd like to come along on 1st Sept (weather permitting) and introduce myself if that is ok?

excellent :t-up:

• Like 1

I'll not be at the Ferryboat Wednesday chaps.

Look forward to seeing you all on the 1st Sept at Brancaster for the BBQ.

Mark J and I are looking into the routes for the london thing.

Details to follow.

Chaz.

Ok m8 - I shall be there Wednesday :-)

Does anyone fancy a blat instead - can still meet at the pub (jump in with one of us if you are in your tin top)

Weather dependant :-)

Not going to make the pub as i am working away again

Will make the bbq 

reminder about the blub meet tonight - won't be many of us there by the look of it as a lot of the regulars are unable to attend

Kev, Dave and I will be there though - plus waiting to here from a couple of others :-)

Hope to see you there :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...