Why dont wessy do this

pistonbroke 2

Do we have enough good looking members ..?!

I await your responses ;-P

the car would be out of date before the video was finished. 

either that or the car wouldn't arrive in time for the video to be shot.

:p

I absolutely love the thought of a well dressed, professional female clambering in and out of one for work, steering wheel in suitcase and heels on.

Mrs C needs me to help her in and out every time, I even modified my hood to allow one side to be lifted and easier access for her. However the lady (and editing) in this video made it look elegant (sexy). Much better than Mrs C's shouting and me saying "If you listened, I said right foot in, slide hip over... Not head in, sit down, end up with both feet hanging out the side! Imagine if you actually listened to me..." :laugh:

We offered some time ago. The answer was (a) they couldn't afford it and (b) they believed that the DVD of "A Racing Car Is Born" served the same purpose. A shame. We made a very inexpensive video for a 7 a few years ago which gave a great return on investment for the company...

Brian, that's curious as the engine was the RST V8 but the car wasn't the production Levante.

My thoughts?  Sales-based hyperbole - although I'd love to see the ticket the Canadian police would give you for that jump stunt.

I do like that metallic powder blue colour.

Apart from that... meh.

Norman - before they produced the Levante, Russell's idea was to fit the original RST-V8 to existing Caterhams. He then developed the engine further and that was the version that inspired the Levante.

Ok, the first was Mike Biddles as built by Chris at the 7 workshop.

don't think they did get it 100% correct. Chris did a great job but it seemed to me that it was too big to get adequate cooling in the available space.

Making films is easy - you just need a creative genius behind the lens.  For example, before the text comes up, that shot of the tail pipe and the rear wheels with the tyre not the exhaust smoking was wonderful :cool:  :cool:

Rory's Dad

Rory's Dad:

Well spotted - most people assume it's the exhaust!

And the car featured was the one they built before Mike Biddle's.

Nearly all the manufacturing/installation work was done at MotoPower's workshop rather than Chris's Sadly they are no longer in existence...

OK, I saw Chris fitting Mike's engine and running around plumbing it so assumed he'd done all the work.

• Like 1

Norman - we documented it from start to finish and the build became a little... complicated... and I'll say no more on a forum!