Thought I'd share some pics

darve

car is virtually ready for iva on 5th aug, just couple of odd jobs to finish off

working from home today so had the car out to test the cooling system is working as it should. Fan on off and stat opening

whilst out there I thought you guys might like to see some pics - enjoy

20130709_140616_zps092709e6.jpg

20130709_140635_zps55c96ffb.jpg

20130709_140807_zps1e275b80.jpg

20130709_140825_zpsaa4813a3.jpg

20130709_141523_zps1ad2d758.jpg

20130709_141537_zpsc96c97d1.jpg

20130709_141551_zpsbdd9e98f.jpg

plastic bit of aero screen to come off before iva

• Like 1

Looking very neat and tidy

Good looking car :) :) :)

Very nice indeed.  Loving the lack of clutter in the engine bay and the attention to detail.  I spotted the very neat way the column comes through the bulkhead - nice touch.  :yes:

Presume the battery is in the pax footwell but where's the main fuse box?

Looks great does that - very neat and tidy work. Mine always end up looking like a dogs breakfast!

thanks guys - I've tried to make it tidy as I can :)

Very nice indeed.  Loving the lack of clutter in the engine bay and the attention to detail.  I spotted the very neat way the column comes through the bulkhead - nice touch.  :yes:

Presume the battery is in the pax footwell but where's the main fuse box?

surround from a tax disc holder and a bit of inner tube :d

battery is engine bay side of passenger footwell - see second pic from bottom. fuse box is on ecu tray. I wired the car with new fuse/relay box as I fitted the omex. used the wires from the mazda loom but everyone was cut and laid back into the westie. very time consuming job but worth it IMO as there isn't cables everywhere :)

can see it in these pics

20130709_160946_zps795dc6ed.jpg

20130709_161040_zpsfab95e4d.jpg

Wow, impressive - there's almost nothing there!  Under my scuttle there are more cables than the London Underground - I was too scared to cut out anything but the bleedin' obvious redundant wiring out of my loom.  

Lovely job.

Very nice Dave, really tidy

Well done mate

Nice and tidy. I'd possibly remote mount the breather filter though - if the engine starts breathing heavily for whatever reason, you may find oil dripping on that nice hot manifold. Are you allowed to have the breathers vent to atmosphere for the IVA?

So jealous of the wiring loom. Harumph. :d

ive always planned on fitting a catch tank after the iva as you have to have one for track days. didn't think about iva! anyone know the answer to this? I may fit one before iva anyway now I have a big waiting game at the mo :(:d

look at the sunshine, should be driving in it, not hidden in the shade in the garage :d

tis indeed. gaters come loose and tunnel carpet uncut to fit yourself

Stunningly tidy!

I often thought about moving fuses onto transmission tunnel and fitting a cover (like pedal cover) to access them, but never got round to it and there's always an issue of it not working the way I was hoping.

The white really works well with the clinically clean build!

What a great looking job, well done that man , hope the IVA goes as well

ive always planned on fitting a catch tank after the iva as you have to have one for track days. didn't think about iva! anyone know the answer to this? I may fit one before iva anyway now I have a big waiting game at the mo :(:d

look at the sunshine, should be driving in it, not hidden in the shade in the garage :d

I fitted mine before the VIA and had no problems. I think as a whole a well built car has a better chance of passing the VIA test yours should do well.