Shelsley Walsh

Paul Morcom

Here is a link to the results Clicky

Superb weather and a fantastic time by Barry S; breaking the 30 second mark in a roadgoing car in 29.96! Smashing both the Class D & F records and only 0.3 seconds off the Class H record.

A couple of Westfields took on the grass banks of Shelsley and lost!  Drivers ok but cars looking a bit sorry; all the best to Simon and Mark and hopefully your cars will be back out soon.

• Like 2

A group of us went to support from the Cotswold area. It was a fantastic day and all the Westie drivers drove brilliantly and it was a shame about the 2 crashes. Just goes to show how hard the guys are trying to find the elusive 10th of a second here and there.

• Like 1

A group of us went to support from the Cotswold area. It was a fantastic day and all the Westie drivers drove brilliantly and it was a shame about the 2 crashes. Just goes to show how hard the guys are trying to find the elusive 10th of a second here and there.

Great to see you guys and glad you had a good day.  Shelsley in the sun is hard to beat.  Just a walk of the car park is a treat; let alone the range of cars and bikes going as fast as they can up the hill.  

Fantastic to have your support.

I went to Shelsey as Rob Crossland is a mate of mine and I was very impressed with the event and the location. I was right opposite where the yellow car of Mark? went off very hard indeed, great that he was alright but the car needs a bit more than T cut.

As for Barrys drive. well on his first run he had FTD by a good margin and was clearly so much faster than the other cars. He lifted just briefly on the bend after the kennels, which seemed to be where others lifted for longer, in all classes, so impressive. great day made even better for me with the drive from Bristol in such sunshine.

Yep, I enjoyed that one, fab day with brill weather, looks like Del selling his sole (sic!!) is working for me also :p

Simon  / Mark, bad luck and hope you get the cars fixed OK

Below is my T1,

Cheers

Barry

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for their support and comments. Its nice to know that when you have a problem that there's always a fellow Speed Series competitor to help or give you words of encouragement. Will see if I can get back out for the end of the year. Well done Barry and sorry Paul for going off in front of you hope it did not ruin your run too much.

Thanks Again

• Like 1

Shelsley in the sun is indeed very special, and very well done to the many Speed Series drivers that posted great times.

The kind words and support, particularly from Graham F, post my 'off' were really appreciated.  I've never bent one before, and I suppose you have to have a first, but the only pain I've sustained is from Repetitive Strain Injury due to kicking myself over 24 hours for pushing too hard, so it could be a lot, lot worse.

I'm really, really sorry for delaying the day.

I'll be back, but I'm just off to make a list of the bits that I need... .

Cheers,

Simon

simon

I feel for you mate . I too went off at the weekend at lydden .

but we will rebuild them.

Pete,

Thanks for the thought - definitely helps.  I hope that you're not aching anywhere and that the repairs go well.

Cheers,

Simon

no im ok . repaired most the car today. I will have some great photos of the crash photo man got a bit scared as I headed straight for him. will post up once I have them.

how bad was yours .and are you ok

how not to do it :d  :d :d  

start it about 3min in

bummer..... could have been worse pete.. get the T-Cut out..... :yes:

Simon, bad news on the off mate, hope you are ok and car not too bad???

Pete,

I'm fine - no worries there (beyond the bruised pride and red face, anyway!).

Looks like nose cone, radiator, radiator brackets and wishbone (standard, not widetrack) on one side.  My only real concern is whether there's any distortion of the chassis around the wishbones mounts.  I can't see any, but the o/s/f wheel has clearly had its tracking adjusted slightly which I'm putting down to wishbone damage at the moment, but will need to examine the area closely to be sure.

I've already started the search for bits, and a few 'Wanted' posts may well follow!

On the plus side, I now own a piece of Shelsley Walsh, 'cos it was jammed in my nosecone!

Onwards and upwards, as they say!

Cheers,

Simon