Job Wanted

Pantherman

What exactly is a dealer system?

Scales, plastic bags and a mobile phone

Not unless you can sell 20 dealer systems a year  :)

ed to add that for that we would probably pay over £100,000. Are you up for it?

I would sell my mother for that.

When can I start

Phil, we don't sell mothers, only dealer systems.

Well if thinks don't pick up at work I will be calling you

Back on topic - Pantherman - what do you want to do??

Beat me too it.

Dave, what are your skills, someone here may want them or know someone who does.

Marty our system does the point of sale invoices for parts, service and sales. All the parts stock management. Runs the workshop from booking the appointment to releasing the vehicle including issuing the job to the correct technician, recording the time spent on the job and many other bits required to run a workshop. The system can split the invoice into retail, warranty, internal, insurance company with excess and VAT to customer plus other elements which would need explanation. I once turned a job into 16 different invoices. Then the sales department has a stock book, accounts for VAT correctly, "sell" the car to the customer and process all the things that go on behind the scenes.We also have, what is now called a CRM (Customer Relations Management). I called it our prospecting system, long before people thought of a fancy name and price for it. We have our own Sales, Purchase and Nominal ledgers.

The Generic term for these systems is DMS. This term came about from a Computer System guru who published a monthly review of systems in the 80's. My first company was called Motor Dealers Management Systems (MoDeMS). He picked up on the Dealer Management System part and started using it to describe the new generation systems which did more than calculate stock orders and the accounts. We were the only company with a full DMS for about 6 years before the others started catching up.

Right, Pantherman, what skill do you have?

Come on lads I was first !

On a serious note I was a Housing Manager in Social Housing for many years , I was moved over to Business Development basically selling the idea of transferring council stock over to Housing Associations.

I presented the process to Chief Execs and senior members of Local Authorities and went around overseeing the process and basically developed the consultation strategy and sold the ideas to tenants ( they have to vote for transfer ) , I was very successful however when the recession started in 2009 and government policy changed I got made redundant after 20 years with the same large HA group.

Since 2009 I have done a number of temp contracts , managing properties , setting up new projects for HA's etc etc.

Basically my skills beside property management are in relationship management and selling but not as most people know it !

I am looking for something that is a change and that's why I am happy to take a lower wage and put something into an organisation, I don't like driving a desk all day and like to be out and about meeting or procuring / selling stuff.

Norman I worked in Sheffield in the late 90's on a regeneration scheme off Herries Road , before you shout , I only did the consultation !!!

So to sum up I am looking for something interesting that involves people and will have a go at anything and prepared to work for nothing for a period to see if an opportunity is for me and I am for an organisation .

Now lets see those offers rolling in.

Dave, I know the Herries Road development, I think. Was it the one on the corner as Herries road bends to the right, just past the viaduct/bridge thing.

We have a friend who grew up with our kids. They are very close friend, his parents and brothers. He worked for the council housing department for years. He then left and set up his own estate agency. He has been so successful that he's been featured on a TV programme. He's different insomuch that he visits the sellers property and leaves them a list of things to do before any viewing, is always in attendance at viewings and has been known for himself and his wife to go to a property before a viewing and tidy up and clean, get the coffee pot on and show the prospective buyer round.

Seems to fit your brief, he's in the office some of the time and out meeting folk the rest of the time. It didn't cost him that much to start, rented a small high street shop, did it up with help from his dad and brother and away he went. Things were tight for the first 6 months.

Dave, HM has just said that if you want to speak to Jeremy she'll put you two together. She's also put me right that they started from home. When it got to the point that they had two staff and people were coming and going all day long his wife insisted they got a business premises,