Job Wanted

Pantherman

I have just finished a ten month temp contract setting up a new stores supply unit and fleet management set up so I am looking for a new opportunity.

Based near Warrington educated to PGD level,30 + years in property management / business development .

Looking for an interesting position at a lower level, driving ,selling anything considered !

Have my own car and van ,physically fit , reliable and honest.

Let me know if you know anyone who is looking for someone in the NW ( not looking for big money ie I am cheap )

Cheers

Dave

Dave, don't sell yourself cheap, these, "physically fit , reliable and honest." are very rare attributes and are worth a good salary on their own.

• Like 1

Norman

I hear what you say however I 'd rather be happy than rich !

My idea of cheap is between £10 & £ 15 per hour and as time goes on may consider less to give me some pocket money to spend on the car.

Thanks

Problem is Dave, Many employers won't look at if all you want is £15 ph. However you can probably get a fairly stress free job at £20 ph - £40,000 pa.

My view is the economy is really picking up. The Government will try and play this down for a year so they can bring a rabbit out of the hat before the next election.

The best guide to the economy is the traffic on the motorways, so lets ask the question.

Norman

I don't see much evidence of it picking up in the North West ,been doing job searches and not a lot about and what there is seems poorly paid.

I had an interview for a part time job ,3 days a week , heard today I didn't get it they gave me really good feedback :

Great interview technique ,great knowledge ,over qualified and too strategic !

Been down to sign on today, at least the weathers good,cleaned the gutters out and did the garden .

Just need to sort a trailer out and will be taking the Westie up to Blackpool.

Every cloud has a silver lining !

Dave, isn't the clue in "overqualified" or the reverse of that would be "too cheap".

We are in Sheffield and just cannot get staff. We advertise, send it to the job centre and no one turns up!

To get the 3 apprentices we must have had 30 replies to which 5 turned up and two didn't want to work. The chaps we have are really good and one is a few months away from being taken on with full pay.

Go for better jobs and you will get one, may take longer than normal but you will get a job.

Well if you are only offering £40k a year for an apprentice in Sheffield, I am not surprised they don't turn up.

Marty, that's their travel allowance. We pay far more if they can turn up on time, talk, write and spell. 

You got any jobs going spare Norman. I may be in need of one soon

Not unless you can sell 20 dealer systems a year  :)

ed to add that for that we would probably pay over £100,000. Are you up for it?

Norm, 

I can sell you 20 dealer systems a year.  I can be very persuasive  :)

:yes:

James, anyone can be persuasive with a running chain saw in their hands.

Marty, the computer systems used by the franchise car dealers.

Marto, it's a system for dealers.... Taxi for Alex.... :p

Norm, 

I know that dear boy, before I became a log doctor I gained an engineering Degree from Cranfield Uni, worked for PLC in waste management engineering, then 10 years underwriting technical risk for Allianz AG and doing `M&A work in hydrocarbon industry, and have developed markets across EMEA.   

Then I found I like tree work and done that since.  Have a few new projects on the go but the risk versus the reward doesnt equate in tree work...

Jim