O/T Ice cream bar equipment and flooring

Mid life crisis

SWMBO is starting a new venture and requires a number of items. She was wondering if any members of the club supplied the items below as part of their day job

ISA Millennium Forced Air Scoop Ice Cream Display Unit SP20

Comercial worktop two station coffee machine (like the ones at motorway services) with an onboard water tank if possible

Flooring contractor to supply and fit quality vinal type flooring (North Manchester)

Comercial stainless milkshake mixer

Supplier of retro comercial furniture, who has stock

Large external non illuminated facia sign to replace existing on a 'Grade 2' listed building

She is trying to get the place open by the end of July ??? ???

Carpet Stu who used to be on here did flooring I have had quite a bit of flooring of him (although carpets) I am sure he would be a good starting point. He is based in Stafford though, so don't know about Manchester, he might have contacts he could recommend, so if you need his number pm me and I will forward his details to you.

Shindha

Carpet Stu who used to be on here did flooring I have had quite a bit of flooring of him (although carpets) I am sure he would be a good starting point. He is based in Stafford though, so don't know about Manchester, he might have contacts he could recommend, so if you need his number pm me and I will forward his details to you.

Shindha

Thanks Shindha, but I think for such a small job. Two trips of 150 mile a pop may be a bit too much to ask.

SWMBO is starting a new venture and requires a number of items. She was wondering if any members of the club supplied the items below as part of their day job

Comercial worktop two station coffee machine (like the ones at motorway services) with an onboard water tank if possible

Comercial stainless milkshake mixer

Large external non illuminated facia sign to replace existing on a 'Grade 2' listed building

I trained as a barista with a top chap, James Hoffman.  My advice on buying these machines, is get hands on training with someone who knows what they're doing before splashing the cash.  A group 2 machine will set you back around £3.5k new, but it wont be any different from a cheapy picked up on fleabay if the operator doesnt know how to get the best out of it.

I used to as a p/t job, go round leisure centres in the county to teach and set up very expensive group 4 machines, no one had a clue on how to use them, the 'buyer/manager must have thought 'Expensive machine = easy to use'...wrong. 

Dont forget you will have to budget on a grinder too. As for the water tank, you can just get a jerry can (those camping ones) and poke the pick up pipe to feed the machine (tip, get a bit of mesh/gauze and cover the pick up pipe in case dirt gets into machine, or if you decide to hard plumb machine in, add a water filter). Dont get fobbed off by dodgy sales men who want to sell you a 'Speciall' water tank.

Stainless milkshake mixer, i bought my from HK, almost half the price compared to UK, i used Waring Hamilton Beach blenders. No problems.

Facia sign, cheapest and quickest option, would be to get a printing company and print off your design and stick it onto a peice of 5mm foamboard. If you wanted a wacky design, check out youtube for 3M Knifeless Tape.

I trained as a barista with a top chap, James Hoffman.  My advice on buying these machines, is get hands on training with someone who knows what they're doing before splashing the cash.  A group 2 machine will set you back around £3.5k new, but it wont be any different from a cheapy picked up on fleabay if the operator doesnt know how to get the best out of it.

I used to as a p/t job, go round leisure centres in the county to teach and set up very expensive group 4 machines, no one had a clue on how to use them, the 'buyer/manager must have thought 'Expensive machine = easy to use'...wrong. 

Dont forget you will have to budget on a grinder too. As for the water tank, you can just get a jerry can (those camping ones) and poke the pick up pipe to feed the machine (tip, get a bit of mesh/gauze and cover the pick up pipe in case dirt gets into machine, or if you decide to hard plumb machine in, add a water filter). Dont get fobbed off by dodgy sales men who want to sell you a 'Speciall' water tank.

Stainless milkshake mixer, i bought my from HK, almost half the price compared to UK, i used Waring Hamilton Beach blenders. No problems.

Facia sign, cheapest and quickest option, would be to get a printing company and print off your design and stick it onto a peice of 5mm foamboard. If you wanted a wacky design, check out youtube for 3M Knifeless Tape.

Thanks for your help SlowPoke, you are spot on with  'Expensive machine = easy to use'

Following your post, Jane is having a re-think on the coffee machine. Don't fancy a trip up-north for beer tokens to show her how to use it do you.

Next issue, entrance door with frame removed 900cm, width of ice cream display 1062cm.

Shop front window needs to come out, to get the display in :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Following your post, Jane is having a re-think on the coffee machine. Don't fancy a trip up-north for beer tokens to show her how to use it do you.

If you lived closer, i'd teach you chaps for free. lol. Its not difficult, trust me and i'm not a clever person half the time.

I might have a few books lurking in the garage/storeroom somewhere (unless my wife has fleabayed them). I'll have a look. If i find them, you're welcome to have them FOC.  How's that ? OK.

Another option,

Quiet run up through Shropshire, Cheshire and into Lancashire for you and SWMBO in the Westy. About 2 hours.

Overnight in Rammy with dinner at our expense

Bit of training, to get rid of the hangover

Then quiet run back ;)

Rose tinted glasses or what :d

• Like 1

Throw in beer at the major ,it would be rude to refuse !