MOT sorted

Nick PC

Car passed Mot today. Always good to find a tester who understands and likes our cars. Proper additional ramps to get car on lift and knows difficulties of getting cat hot enough for emissions. Same chap for last three years.

Glad its passed,  :t-up:

Mine was very good his ramps went into the floor so level with the ground (very nice). Again an understanding tester does help will go back to mine next year.

Paul

• Like 1

Realised that mine runs out tomorrow...

Mine went today to Interpro in Thornbury Bristol. I take both mine there for MOT and have been using them fo over 8 years. I look forward to the ritual of being harraseed over how little use they get. But I am happy as they do a thorough job fairly every time.

Off for mine in half an hour....wish me luck...

Passed mine a few weeks ago.  I always sit in the car and do the two-man bits of steering, brakes, lights, etc that frees up another mechanic to do another car, which means the tester is on my side.  This year, one of the rear brake lines needed a bit of attention, the diff needed topping up, and I needed a new sump plug, none of which he charged me for because I helped him on the MOT and it all got done in 45 minutes.  Great having a local garage that understands. :t-up:

I did the same Scott. Passed!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mines booked in on Saturday morning first one since owning the car, I've replaced all the front end swivel joints and the steering rack gaiters, my only concern is the wipers as when you turn them off they park about 2" above the scuttle so I adjusted them to park lower but then sweep off the screen when running :-\ so fingers crossed the tester is not a Hitler as it's also the first time I've used him as my normal garage has massive speed humps which I can't get over In the westie