Judge for yourself...

Captain Colonial

There is no way he can run that legally on the road. So your "friend" is now clearly blind and stupid! ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...!

Anorak time, it is as Scorhill Magic kit car which if memory serves was based on Cortina running gear.

Ah but the MFE (metro fibre engineering) Magic which preceeded it was MGB based :) Scorhill regineered the MFE project to use a Cortina donor.

One of my Friday night drinking buddies is taking delivery of a Challenger E-Type DHC replica tomorrow.  It's being delivered from the south of France and he's never seen it, although he tells me someone from the Challenger owners club has looked over it and has given it his blessing.  

There's at least 2 petrol heads in our little Friday night drinking coterie and I didn't have him down as a kit car man - we certainly didn't have a clue he was about to buy this one and it's a bit late to turn back now.   The one photo I've seen looks OK, it has a Rover 3.5 V8 lump, and it is UK registered on a Q plate.  he's got it for around £6k.  MOT booked for Thursday.  Not how I'd do it and I do hope he's not disappointed...... ???

Ah but the MFE (metro fibre engineering) Magic which preceeded it was MGB based :) Scorhill regineered the MFE project to use a Cortina donor.

I bow to your age and wisdom :t-up:

Just got off the phone with my friend, gave him the verdict, which was disappointing but appreciated as he hasn't paid for it yet.  Bullet dodged and he's wiser now, that's for sure.  :t-up: 

I bow to your age and wisdom :t-up:

i'm 36 and very good at using Google :d

Thats good Scott, a lot of money to throw away. So hopefully he can find an even better option.

Paul

Was a bullet dodged there! I could imagine the thread unfolding!