Prescott

Rory's Dad

We had a family weekend away and stayed with daughter and son-in-law in Worcestershire.  Lovely day on Saturday (and Sunday) and Ben asked if I'd like to go to Prescott.  What a brilliant day - civilised and very picturesque venue, very nice clubhouse (saw culmination of British GP practice on a great big telly).  Excellent cross section of club motorsport and a significant number of Westfields (around 7 or 8) too.  Said hello to Grannie Annie who was one of only two or three whose names I recognised.

I'm guessing that this is not the only sprint or hill climb venue where local Westfielders get their motorsport fix (away from the Speed Series) that we never get to hear about.  Am I right??

Rory's Dad

Blimey, I thought you were going to say something about 'Basher' Prescot! :d

What championship was it? There have been a few that have been popular over the years for Westfield owners. (In addition to our own Speed Series)

What championship was it? There have been a few that have been popular over the years for Westfield owners. (In addition to our own Speed Series)

Class B and class D both 'supported' by local businesses so nothing fancy really.

Rory's Dad

I'm a big fan of Prescott, great venue and a technical hill. There's a good day coming up on August 11th, see my post in Events - the Prescott Revival organised by the Marcos boys. Entry is free and 3 x runs are £35, no special kit required.

• Like 1

I grew up a couple of miles from Prescott.

Seeing all the cars go by was what got me into cars and as a youngster we would sneak in or be allowed in for free.

I was there Sunday.  Very impressive seeing the top cars taking the first corner at over 100mph and controlling the back as it starts to step away.

Good to see a few Westfields competing. Caught up with Granny Annie briefly in the paddock.  One Westy span in the Esses but seemed unscathed.

The drivers school there is a good day but fills up quickly - a potential WSCC event ?

I also love the atmosphere there for the VSCC meet in August.  It's also worth paying £5 to go around the Trust museum.

David

I was there in B Martin. Would have been good to put a face to a name, mine was the red one and my hat bears a passing resemblance to my avatar.

Love Prescott. The Peugeot Sport Club began holding their national day there about a decade ago. Makes for a lovely venue particularly when the weather is good. Nice into to hill climbing too.

I was there with some mates last weekend for my stag do. We all agreed that the venue was excellent. Access and viewing on the hill were superb as were the catering and bar facilities. The Clubhouse was great and open to all visitors, we watched the start of the GP in the bar before viewing some more action from the terrace. Overall, really impressed.

I'm there this August for the first time at the Retro Rides gathering, really looking forward to it too.  I've got some old slides (remember them?!?) sat here that I got off the father in law from 1971, still haven't had a chance to get them converted to useful pics yet though.

IMAG1041_zps85da8b6f.jpg

In contrast to Harewood when you have the privilege of seeing most of the track, timings in the 1m+, getting frozen from wind (always), a free programme and paying just a tenner for a car full, Prescott at a tenner each plus £3 for a programme seemed good value for money :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  

Rory's Dad

And if you join the Bugatti Owners Club you get in to all their own events for free.

www.bugatti.co.uk