Porch update

Norman Verona

After a week of Jacob fitting the door lock (too near the edge and upside down but who cares, we can use the door) and me having 7 trips to the tip with the Fiat estate packed to the roof (three car loads of concrete blocks!) the bottom three pictures on this page show the results. It looked like a war zone before.

CLICKY HERE

• Like 1

See what you mean about those windows, not small are they!

Steady progress at least...  :d 

He's got the barge boards, the inside boards of the angles, lime render on the concrete blockwork and the floor tiles to lay. I reckon that's 2 days work for a builder and a labourer. I'm guessing it'll take 10 days.

In October.

Ed to add the retaining battens for the large windows.

I'm contemplating if I should try and clean the insides of them. I'm going to drill holes along the tops and bottoms. But the insides are "streaky" so I may make a long rod from welding rods and glue a piece of cloth to one end so I can push it through the holes and clean the insides of the glass. Worth a try.

If you are going to change in there, I hope you will fit good curtains or you'll scare the wildlife - not to mention guests !! :d 

OK - your high pressure sales technique has worked - we want to stay at your gite !  :d  :d

I've been changing from good to working clothes in there all week. Our guests didn't seem to mind as they didn't see me.

I bought a shoe rack/table from Ikea yesterday and my footwear is slowly coming down. I've already got the coat hooks on the walls and the coats will be next. Think of it as a fancy boot room.

See what you mean about those windows, not small are they!

They're only 8' x 4' sheesh, wassup wiv you guy's, aint ya bin on a BIG job? :p

I couldn't possibly say, Paul.

But for a small porch they are BIG windows. It's not M&S is it.

Nope, biggest were on a five storey bank headquarters I worked on near Wiesbaden years ago.

It will when it's finished - in October!

Jacob's made a good job of it, but it'll be a year before it's finished as we started in the first week in October.

I'm going to get some cement next week and mix and lay a concrete bed with terra-cotta tiles on top. I'll start outside the front door and work my way round. I'm planning on doing the whole area.

just seen pic's ....

i thought you had bought a porche !!!

sorry norm must read post properly........

No, I call it our Ferrari.