home brew kit recommendations

bigals

• 4 weeks later...

This is my Second brew.

Aussie Lager, it has come out at 5.7%, and was bottled on 16th July 2013.

Tastes lovely!

7897c99e-6da0-40c3-9d46-dfe64c9ded58_zps

KW, if you brew a bitter you can send me some for taste testing. About 9 gallons will do.

KW, if you brew a bitter you can send me some for taste testing. About 9 gallons will do.

I have got 40 bottles of 5.2% bitter brewed and bottled, currently conditioning in the shed :d

I suppose they'll do.

I'm nearing the completion of our renovation. Then I'm going to build a small bar. I have a hand pump and 3 good bar stools, so it may be good. My carpentry skills are zero but no one will notice after 6 pints and then we can enjoy ourselves for the rest of the night.

Norman

You should have said you wanted a bar making. Done lots!! Building them & leaning in them!!- could have done it while we were there(before wine o'clock)

Chris

Chris, even if I had thought of it I wouldn't have been so rude as to ask. Anyway, I want to do it myself so I can say "I did that". At least everyone can laugh.

Our current guests (two brothers and wives) have gone to the show tonight. I'm waiting to see what they think. I was sorely tempted to go again but HM just knew I was thinking that and said NO before I said anything.

I got a brewing kit for my 40th  :d  been reading this thread with interest and doing a bit of research on the web, will be having a go at my first kit shortly just need some sterilizer to get cracking on with it  :)

This makes a nice change from coffee maker threads on the Darkside!  :yes:  :d

Marcusb's first attempt at brewing  :d Munton's continental pils  :love:

First mistake however here is the airing cupboard:

barlobrew_zps16a82cfd.jpg

...................in the bedroom

woke early hour's sick of the missis burping all night only to find it was the FV airlock  :laugh:

Lol Marcus!

You are going to need more bottles than that as well  :d

Lol Marcus!

You are going to need more bottles than that as well  :d

Yes me and the missis are at it every night :d

..drinking that is :oops: ... so we can re use bottles

Which is why you thought she was...

...ah well, as a strange symmetry about it at least!

:laugh:

I have just had a minor kegging disaster!  :no: I washed out the keg and sterilised it prior to filling, and forgot to close the tap before decanting the latest brew into it. I started the decanting and went upstairs to the kitchen to get a measuring spoon and mixing spoon to administer the finings, and when I got back down to the basement there was beer all over the floor of the bar area!  :cry:  After I'd mopped it all up and washed the floor, I estimate at least two precious pints had been swilled down the drain. :down: As my dear old Mum used to say: "More haste, less speed!"

:bangshead: