Essex Charity Evening 16th July 2013

Pistol Pete

My parents neighbor is involved in the local Mencap charity and are arranging a car evening for children and young adults they care for. I took the westy along to this event last year which basically involved letting them have their picture taken sitting in the car etc. Last year we only had four cars (Westy, MGB, Jag and 4x4) there but they thoroughly enjoyed the evening and you couldn’t meet a nicer, happier bunch of young adults – the speed in which they can download pictures to a computer and start a slideshow will put many WSCC members to shame!

I have been asked if we could get a few more cars this year (specifically Westfields as they are more exciting etc), as long as you don’t mind them touching/getting in your car (with help from you)  you will find the evening a very rewarding experience. So a shout out to all the Essex members, pop your name down if you would like to join in with this.

1/ Pete             Westy

2/ Pete’s Dad    MGB

Event Details

16th July 2013 from 7pm until 9pm

Melbourne Park Primary School, Chelmsford CM1 2DX

A bit about the Charity

Chelmsford Mencap - Understanding Learning Disabilities Profile

CHELMSFORD MENCAP is a registered charity (No.245421) established in 1965 that helps children and adults with learning disabilities who may also have life limiting and terminal illnessess. The disabilities of our members are wide-ranging including autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, sensory impairment, speech and language difficulties.

Our aims are to inform, encourage and support social inclusion to our members and their families, so that they can grow in strength, knowledge and confidence.

sounds like a great idea, I'm not back from holiday until the 17th July but I hope you get a good turnout of cars. 

I would have definitely been there if I'd been around.

Hiya Pete,

Put me down too, I will bring my v8 which should take care of the music for the night ;)

Tiggs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BTTT

Anybody else fancy giving something back and join us?

I will be coming to this Pete, Graham is also coming along in his car. See you there :)

Excellant, see you both there.

Pete,

Is the entrance to the playground the one on the right of the property (right at the roundabout) or the front carpark?

Also,

I may have a White Focus RS coming along with a blingy engine bay, very pretty car to be fair :d

Tiggs

• Like 1

The more the merrier. Enterance is the one on the right which leads through to the playground where we will be parking up.

Thanks for your support :)

I'm home early today so I'll be coming along. :westy:

Goos to have you along Bernie, looks like we will put on quite a show :)

A big thank you to everyone the kids really enjoyed themselves and we put on a great show for them :)

Glad to be there and give the kids a ride around. There was some really excited youngsters enjoying themselves.

• Like 1

Yep a great night and a real good feeling inside doing something for somebody else who really appreciated it.

They were lovely kids and I hope next year will be even better :-)

• Like 1