Members Directory

bonesetter

It was added specifically because people had asked for it, so that if asking for help, a spare part for sale or wanted, then other members would immediately see from their profile roughly where they were.

Trust me, we've got paying members who even when presented with fields that have to be filled in on their membership forms still put garbage entries in those lines. Sure, it means we can't contact them quite so easily* in the event of a problem, sure they won't get club magazines etc. But that's what they want from the club, they've paid, it's what they've chosen.

I have regular email conversations with a couple of local Cheshire members, they like to be kept up to date - and have requested as much, but they also freely admit, they don't want to come to meets, and aren't interested in that side of the club. Personally, I think they're missing out, but that's what they want from us.

(*they do have a live email address and we do log other information - for legal responsibilities)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• bonesetter

• Norman Verona

• FILFAN

:d  Give people freedom of choice and others say you must conform we need to know :d then tell people to conform and all hell breaks loose saying its my right to have freedom of choice :d  :d  :d

What the hell just get out and drive you may just meet someone new :d  ;)

Trust me, we've got paying members who even when presented with fields that have to be filled in on their membership forms still put garbage entries in those lines.

Boy oh boy oh boy...THIS.  I'd say straightening this out for every quarterly mag distribution list takes me about two hours, and overall in the last year, about 30 hours, all unnecessarily.