Se7en's pecking order

langy

Just stumbled across this on SELOC and thought it was a fair representation of the pecking order of the various Se7ens which are out there.

PREMIER LEAGUE
Caterham
Birkin
Donkervoort

CHAMPIONSHIP
Westfield
Procomp
Dax
Elfin

FIRST DIVISION
Quantum
Sylva
MNR
RAW
Road Runner Racing

PLAY OFF PLACES:
Luego
Mac1
Aries / Stuart Taylor
GKD

HIGHLAND LEAGUE
Tiger
GBS
Vindicator
MK

Any thoughts ?

I wouldn't put MK that low...........  Saw a couple at Llandow last month and they a lovely little 7's and fast as well (I know it depends on what engine etc) 

Pretty close, I'd move birkin down and westfield up.

Then GBS and MK into first division, then MNR and road runner into play offs. Then mac1 and Lego.

I feel that GKD has great potential to rise up to first or championship. They are great kits, well thought out and handle pretty well. Using BMW engines is a big plus point. They use pretty much the whole loom and where they add their loom, it'd done with BMW connectors. Mate has a full kit about to get a modified M3 engine, part built kit with a standard M3... Quality of kit is great, handling is ok, just communication with manufacturing, supply and lead time of parts is silly!

Also caterham's got all the history, F1 team and stuff. But the caterham's I drove didn't feel as nice as the westfield's. but the cats were K Series or older. I'd like to see Mega S2000 up against an R500 on top gear test track style of event!

Never underestimate a Jemery Phillips designed car :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

I think one even won the Westfield Speed Championship a few years ago  ;)  ;)  ;)

I rate the Sylva higher than that - some I have seen are very quick out the box and Emma Bettinson's was rapid at Curbourough on Saturday and very well driven.

I've seen a Donkervoort up close. I have a friend over here who works on 7's. Mainly Caterhams but also Westfields and Donkervoorts. The Donker is made from very heavy gauge steel, the front wishbones are massive and chromed. More about looks than performance,

I'd put it in the local Sunday league.

I wouldn't include Caterham in this table as they aren't really "kit cars" and it's not fair to compare them with the others. I would put Westfield at the top of the Championship if it's 7 type kit cars we're comparing.

• Like 1

I didn't realise there were so many 7 type cars out there.     No Haynes roadster in the list.

Bernie, there's a few more that could go on that list.

Locost doesn't even get to play :-)

Guess the clue is in the name...............

pecking order by what criteria?  I assume cost?

All a bit meaningless if you ask me ..

People just buy the car that suits them - budget, size, performance, club, looks, want to build, location of factory etc etc

Not sure cost is the criteria because the Donkervoort can be far more expensive than a Caterham.

as far as build quality is concerned, I personally think there is a clear winner, and its not even on the list!!! http://www.rcb7.de/

heres the sports model with supercharged s2000 engine; http://www.rcb7.de/Photos/Fotogalerie/Galerie3/B9/

the build quality is exceptional- they run all wires inside the chassis, so nothing to be seen. very pricey mind- but you get what you pay for... They no doubt would be slower around a tight track than a lightweight seven, as they weigh around 650ish kgs, but superbly well made. (typical germans!).

I love the picnic table on the back - very handy for my ploughmans and flask that  :p

that's obviously the top model (race version) but you've got to give them credit- have you seen how tidy the engine bay is!!!?