Shelby 500 Vs Dyno!

BLiNK Motorsport

Norman, until you've owned one, you'll never understand.  The torque, the rumble, the noise, and the looks, just makes you smile every time.  Had a Ford Torino with a 428 Cobra Jet and a shaker hood scoop, and just sitting at the lights, blipping the throttle and watching the scoop twist and dip to the left from the sheer torque under your foot is addictive.  My God, that thing was a rocket off the line and overtaking when you dropped a gear.  Miss those days, glad I had them. :)

It's good to have broad tastes!

• Like 1

As someone who owned a 1966 Shelby GT350, I'd say both.  But then, I'd never have taken a factory built, unmodified car and stuck it on a dyno to see if Ford was telling the truth or not.

My current four wheel lust object: http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20130614-ford-mustang-matinee-idol

+1 ......in fact better make it +2 my son wants one too .................awesome 

I fully understand the appeal, just think it's a bit odd when we all have small engined, high powered lightweight cars by choice.

Actually, one Sevenesque car isn't really enough!

Ignoring brands/makes, ideally what I would love would be an out and out hard core, track focused car, (silly engine, sequential box, cage, aeroscreen etc), fast road care, highish power but not insane engine, h-pattern box, still stripped out interior, aeroscreen, RAC style bar. Then a  fast road tourer, mid tuned engine, comfy interior, windscreen, heater, roof etc. And finally, a "traditional" car, small light engine - possibly even a genuinely older crossflow based car, interior, screen, and clamshell wings!

Then I could move on to other types of car :laugh: I'd just need a J Leno style hanger (and income) to support them all. :cool:

Norman, until you've owned one, you'll never understand.  The torque, the rumble, the noise, and the looks, just makes you smile every time.  Had a Ford Torino with a 428 Cobra Jet and a shaker hood scoop, and just sitting at the lights, blipping the throttle and watching the scoop twist and dip to the left from the sheer torque under your foot is addictive.  My God, that thing was a rocket off the line and overtaking when you dropped a gear.  Miss those days, glad I had them. :)

awesomeness

Cap'n whats the car? that link doesnt work in the uk apparently?! 

Also is it just me who is amused by the apparent lack of rush to move out the way of a car thats trying to spit it self off a dyno? ???:bangshead:

It's a Shelby GT500 in silver with twin blue stripes, 22" wheels, Shelby special body kit and V8 updated to 900 BHP.  It will be used in Need For Speed 6, so if you Google it, you'll probably find it.  Apparently, you can buy all the bits to add to a factory GT500 and make it identical bar only 850 BHP.  :love:  :cool:  :t-up:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/10/need-for-speed-movie-casts-mustang-in-hero-car-role/

I'd love a V8 "muscle car" I'd go for the 1960's/1970's versions. Been watching "Desert Car Kings" or something similar when they buy one, restore it and put big engines in them. What I did years ago... Mini 890cc went to 1275 GT engine, then 1630 Turbo. From outside it looked stock, gorgeous paint job, deep dish 13's, spac suspension... Etc. then had a MGB Roadster with a k-series.

But I'd also have a third car!!! Land Rover Defender 90, biggest diesel engined one I could find. Then I have two toys in the garage and a work horse.

Cap'n I see you have chosen a license loser :cool: haha! Traffic light GP is a go go :d