Stopping power

Steve_Farrimond

I never had an issue with my 916... I got it MOT'd in the UK and only then did someone pick up that the back brake didn't have a pipe! I'd ridden bike bout 2 years and never used the back brake! But on my 748 the pipe always melted and constantly got replaced. Umm... Not sure I ever had any other kind of issue with that either. I used them every day to commute in the summer... Un restricted autobahn for about 8 miles to get to work! The 156 GTA I had at the same time just wasn't enough! That never had an issue till a "mate" used it and after he used it the speedo jumped about everywhere and rev counter stopped working! God knows what he did. I was away at the time and the ex wife let him use it for about 3 months! Poor thing hadn't been cleaned, full of sweet wrappers, take away packets and empty cans of drink! I don't even allow eating in any of my cars!

Anyway, many vehicles I've had I've had moments of childishness "I'm fastest" where I usually am... But I soon realise that it would end in tears... Possibly not mine. So I calm down and ease off. But do miss German roads and coppers that you hand €50 and get away with it!