Well I did it !

Northwarks

looks nice and shiny, can't beat a darker shade colour for a deep shine :) enjoy.

Dark blue is very nice and a rarity,    Use your lights in anything less than bright sunlight, surprising how other drivers fail to see 7  type cars.

• Like 1

Bernie, lights will not solve the problem of those drivers who do not "see" our cars. The eye sees the car it's just the brain ignores it as it doesn't recognise it as a car.

Same with Bikes, hence the "THINK BIKE" campaign.

I have come to the conclusion that mirrors are adjusted to normal height cars and hence westies are lower and easily missed. Always do your best to make sure you are seen, drop a gear and make some noise :-) or use your dipped lights and pull out with lots of space until you know your cars capabilities. Enjoy . I have since 1999.

• Like 1

You're right Norman and 6carjon, we're a bit diminutive in the road traffic stakes, we can't change other drivers minds but putting lights on does help as does staying 20ft. behind the vehicle in front when stationary.  The noise does help as well, vroom vroom.

Sorry to disagree. I had a talk from a chap who was telling us about his 75% success rate in curing tinnitus (bear with).

At one point he was explaining something which prompted me to ask if that was why other drivers didn't see 7 type cars or bikes. He explained how our vision works. 

Our eyes are just the lenses like the lens on your digital camera. The brain is the computer that interprets what comes through the lens. A lot of peoples brains can recognise a car. However their brains don't recognise our 7s as cars or bikes. They are just not there to their brains. 

You can prove this quite easily. Read a page from a book whilst thinking of something else. You will read every word on the page but your brain will not "see" any of them.

Put your lights on by all means, those who's brians do not recognise our cars as cars will not "see" them.

• 2 weeks later...

OP - I used to have a Subaru and it's a very different driving experience. IMO,a much more rewarding, involving and enjoyable one.

Have fun, looks like a nice example. 

I bought mine from Toybox and found Andrew to be very helpful