Anyone with experience of selling cars on Ebay, please

Norman Verona

Wile, I hadn't considered the insurance, he seems to be Eastern European, he spells his name, George, with H's in it. From memory it's Gheorghe.

Anyway no contact yet so it'll go to the chap who works on the floor below our offices.

I told my lad that it was someone from Ilford and I thought they were Eastern European. His response was "If they're from Ilford, they won't be English"

I told my lad that it was someone from Ilford and I thought they were Eastern European. His response was "If they're from Ilford, they won't be English"

Not English?!!

Perhaps from Yorkshire??   :p

Or worse Hyde!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

Which Yorkshire, the Delhi one or the one up North?

No, not really, there's only one Yorkshire. It's the one and only.

Reported the non-payer to Ebay.

Had a Mr Ashrad Mamood contact me from Sheffield. First email asked for my mobile phone number. I responded with "Read the ad, but here it is anyway". Then he emails to ask if he can see the car. I give him the office phone number and ask him to ring my daughter. He goes to see the car and insists the ad says it's taxed to April 2004. The ad says it has a French MOT until April 2004. 2014

He offers £2000 which I refuse.

I then get an email from him accusing me of misleading him, and others, as the ad said it was taxed and the mileage is 157,400, not 140,000 as stated. I send him a copy of the ad and point him to a picture of the dash showing mileage at 140,000 and trip at 1574.

I just knew Ebay would be trouble!

The bidder has been reported as a non-payer and the ad will be relisted in 4 days. So more idiots to deal with!

Indeed I did, thank you.

I had a couple of experiences Norman, 1st one was Bulgarian living in London on a BMW 530D, bid and won, trained it all the way up to Newcastle. Then tried to chip away at the price. got fed up after an hour and gave him £ 50 quid off, but paid up and took away.

2nd was a English guy from Brum, bid and won, came up and went for test drive, paid full money and drove away a happy bunny, mind is was a Volvo  :d  :d  :d

Didn't get top dollar, but go rid of both cars reasonably painlessly.

Oh well, it always happens to me  :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the non-payer.

I reported it on the 20th. It's now the 28th and the file says "awaiting buyers response" (see I can tell the date)

Someone said they now only give 4 days for a response.

After 4 days if they haven't responded then you can close the case and eBay will refund you the final value fee and IIRC also give you a free relisting.

Ah, so that's what "close the case" means. It doesn't say. thought it was to close if the buyer paid.

So, do I just click on "close the case" and they will re-list it AND refund the fee?

Some explanation would help but I guess I shouldn't expect more from Ebay.

Click close case and follow the various instructions and choices.

They wont automatically re-list it for you, IIRC there's another button you can click somewhere else to relist it.