Ooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaay...

Captain Colonial

What an offal thing to do ...

darned you - bl**** well beat me to that one :laugh:

hehehehehe, I once had  despatch a young roe deer that a lady had hit with her car, broke it'sleg and stunned it  stuck it in the boot (old shape VW Passat estate) when driveing it then very much vame back to life as she drove through Sywell Old Village.  I was a younger man and in my tractor having been fencing.

Help Help she said, literally covered in blood and crying as his poor beast thrashed around the car.  So, with no further ado, i managed to get it out the car onto the verge and my mate hit it with a graft......

She burst into tears a this point and called the police as she was a  taking it to the vets..

Apocryphal story I recall - forces chap in Germany convinced that he's hit a cat on the road with his Land Rover, stopped and saw a moggy flat on it's back in the verge, so put it out of its misery with a snow shovel.  When he got back to base, was surprised to see a cat fall out of the wheel arch..... :down:

It’s August in the early 70s in Germany.  A friend of mine called Al went to a party the night before going on exercise for 3 weeks.  He’s driving back slightly the worse for wear (Yes – things like that happened in the 70s) and he hits a small deer.  Thinking this would be good fodder for the mess, he manages to get it in the boot, drives back to the barracks and crashes out.

Waking up with a hangover, he departs on exercise completely forgetting about the deer.

The RSM responds to complaints about the awful smell pervading the barracks and finally pinpoints the smell to Al’s car.  The REME detachment is tasked to break into the car and you can imagine the state of the deer at this stage so no-one wants anything to do with it.  So Al is summoned back from exercise to face the wrath of the RSM, a whole load of extra orderly officer’s duties and the unenviable job of getting rid of the deer and the lingering smell.

One very chastened subaltern!

It stated that "Staff paid £300 to clean up the mess..." Seem's deer to me!