The art of complaining

mikef

If I were a barrister, I'd be ashamed to admit to having penned that.

Looks more like it's been written by a 14 year old who thinks he's being clever/funny.  :no:

WEC, you missed it... I'll get it for you...

Clearly written by a self confessed ***.

There, that's better.

Must admit, I gave up after the first paragraph when i read it this morning. Thought the guy just sounded a plonker of the first order, as a consequence it struck me that whatever he actually said in amongst the drivel would probably just get lost.

10/15 years ago if you wrote to complain to the top man at at major company stiff memos were served down to everyone and a solution passed back PDQ for the top man to deal with. Now its a waste of time, it's just ignored or refered back to customer service which was probably the cause of your complaint in the first place. It's "new customers only" and up to now there have been plenty out there, but times are changing as the "worlds favorite airline" found out a few years ago and "every little helps" is experiencing at present. We closed a bank account recently and received a letter thanking us. A major accountacy company recently reported it was becoming easier and cheaper to win back old customers than the thankless task of trying to attract new ones. Perhaps times are changing for the better at last.

10/15 years ago if you wrote to complain to the top man at at major company stiff memos were served down to everyone and a solution passed back PDQ for the top man to deal with. Now its a waste of time, it's just ignored or refered back to customer service which was probably the cause of your complaint in the first place. 

Not sure I agree with that.  Whenever I've had cause to complain, I've not had it ignored.... Mrs Coyote keeps telling me I should write a book on the subject.

10/15 years ago if you wrote to complain to the top man at at major company stiff memos were served down to everyone and a solution passed back PDQ for the top man to deal with.

Not with British Airways it wasn't.  I actually cut up a BA Gold Executive Club card in 1996 (and vowed never to fly with them again) due to their absolutely appalling customer service.  They caused me a lot of unnecessary hassle and didn't even have a mechanism to apologise.  I did return 6 or 7 years later though and they hadn't improved. 

In the past year I have written to the head of West Sussex County Council which they ignored, four separate letters regarding a minor incident on my wifes car ( where the cost of rectifying the poor repair was more than the original incident ) to  Saga Insurance, Acromas, Apollo Bodyrepairs, AA insurance and The AA and every time its taken weeks for an inadequate reply sent by someone with no decision making authority and the process starts all over again. The levels of incompetence is embarassing,  AA insurance underwritten by Saga phone to say the car is ready, phone Apollo they say not ready yet, next day Acromas phone, car ready phone Apopllo not ready. Finally collect car,nice leaflet explaining 5 year warranty, and reasons why not to use car washes, the rear bumper repair was fine but the paint was stripped from the edges of the rear doors, had a wander around, they clean cars with a huge industrial hot water pressure jet. The car has since been repaired by a reliable local body shop but it took months to get anyone to take responsibility.  Customer Care it's a modern day oxymoron.       

• Like 1

I had a claim against Westminster City Council. Clearly they were at fault. Every letter I wrote got a response that they weren't to blame as it was an "act of god". Well rain is but having a cracked cover on an exterior electric sign and removing the battery from the standby genie on a FRiday night to take it back to the depot has nothing to do with god!

I eventually issued a County Court Summons and, lo and behold, god sent a cheque for the calim and court costs next day.