Half Hood Fitted

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Looks just the job, need to get one of these sorted. Is it a Westfield one?

Enjoy your trip  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Does the finger come with it?  :p  :d 

yeap! must learn how to use camera

Seem to have had pretty much dry weather since I fitted mine. Which reminds me, I must get out and try the mark 1 roof poles I made.

I did wonder whether to try taking the rear fixings all the way to the back of the car; doesn't look bad like that.

Have to say, need for roof poles aside, it was fantastic on the motorway for the Stoneleigh run; kept the cabin free of all the normal gusts that attempt to empty the car of all your packing, yet still had full visibility and a gentle draft blowing through the car.

Dave,

My poles aren't fixed they just rest on top of the screen and on top of the roll bar, held in position by the little pocket loops and the fold overs from the front and rear edges. No worries apart from the possibility of the whole lot flying backwards at speed. The weakest link being the two press studs only at the front, in my case supplemented by the central inside wing nut/screw jobbie.

Summer is going to last for months now or until Tuesday whichever comes first.

Bob :d

Sorry Bob, I meant the rear fixing straps. (The poles just rest on at the front and rear, held in place by the roof.)

My rear straps have pins screwed into the roll bar angled legs the clip on fittings just go onto them. Not sure how the Westfield ones are secured though. Will have a look see.

Bob :)

Yes Westfield fix to the body, mine has shorter straps and is very secure.

Westfield have designed the rear straps to fix to the rear bodywork on FW's next to the rear RAC stays, or recommended fixing them to the stays on ZK bodywork.

Must remember to take your finger away from lens when taking photos.

Going to look at the full hood tomorrow as seem to remember that the back window has 2 naff off zips from the bottom to the top. Might save me a few quid in a half hood for the trip.

Terry