What to wear on a road trip to France?

ianswesty

beret, blue/white stripey shirt, garlic+onions on a string, little goatee, black trousers

also need to take and accordion, baguettes and some red wine. :):t-up:

Aaah as I began to read through the thread I was getting worried nobody would say this! It's almost sensible round here sometimes.

I've come close to posting similar a couple of times and deleted it before hitting the post button. :d (I should know better :down::oops: )

Like this:

logo1.jpg

Would a german uniform be out of place:)

• Like 1

As long as it's an SS one, with nazi inside it.

Its compulsory to carry a white flag.

I know I've come in a bit late, but high vis vest and a warning triangle is current fashion I believe.

:laugh:

I know this may be obvious, but I had a road trip from Roermond (where I lived for a while) to lake Garda in a convertiable... Hat, glasses SPF 7 million, was like white emulsion! Still burnt tops of ears and nose! So don't leave them out.

I think he will take his ears with him - going now - :yes:  :yes: :yes:  sorry had to be done.

Bob

I often leave my ears at home if the suns out.... :d

Thanks to everyone for their comments.......... am thinking seriously about a "Buff" although my sons not sure he is still going if I do  :laugh:

Ian

Ian, put the buff on, get car out and packed, start engine and call him out. Just stand there and say "Are you coming or not"

No prizes for the correct answer.

Factor 50 for the sun.

Whatever suits you for a hat (nothing suits me, but I can just about get away with a cap as I'm verging on becoming an "old geezer".)

You only need one hi-vis vest, even if there are two of you.

You'll have a great time.

Mrs BobMet and I are heading to the south of France August/September this year. A "touring" route down the west side outbound, then on the east side for the return. Should see about 3000 miles added to the clock. Just over 2 weeks away in all. Last went 2 years ago and it was fantastic. Great weather, great roads, suberb food and drink. Can't wait.

Bob, If you're coming down the west side and are near Rennes or Nante why not pop in. We're about an hour from the d/carriageway between Rennes and Nantes. (N137). Promise we won't give you any beans on toast!

Thanks Norm, a very kind offer. I'll see how that fits in for the route between the hotels we've booked. You may be a bit too far west but I'll check it out.