One of our members has a big article in complete kit car

Norman Verona

Same magazine has an article on Adam Reeves upgrades on his V8

bought the mag, good read. Interesting looking car.

Steve, I think he's done a fantastic job. He kept the original windscreen which makes it look a bit odd. He says a wrap round prespex screen wouldn't cost that much. The finish and detail are excellent. 

Considering Jean-Marie is a CDT teacher in his local school, he certainly knows what he's doing.

He also built his own house. It's timber structured and is the only timber house in the area. It's not huge but well laid out.

Not quite a neighbour, they live about 2 hours away.

We spent the day with them and they with us. 

Jean-Marie's wife, Nathalie, is charming. She runs a baking business from home. Her biscuits are gorgeous. They have a little boy, Celeste who is equally charming and nice.

We consider ourselves honoured to count them as friends, even though we'll probably only see each other twice a year.

Jean-Marie's brother has a small vinyard and produces a very nice Rose.

He doesn't need one, he has a large garage, partly underground.

But I'll mention it to him. Actually, thinking about it, with windows cut into the sides and several bolted together and double stacked they could make a nice house. Bit square but aren't we all as we get older.

I hope not..............  Actually, you did me a big favour: we have a large enclosed courtyard with lots of nice plants around  -  including Di's olive tree in the centre (supposed to give us a Mediterranean feel).  Middle of the night I had this brainwave; cover the lot, like a huge greenhouse!  As usual, had forgotten everything this morning, but on your container page there's a link to Dancover who do just that sort of thing!  Di horrified thinking it would plunge us into darkness till I pointed out it would be a clear plastic top..............

Hi,

Norman is the first WSCC member that I met at Stoneleigh 2012. I appreciated immediatly his welcome, his calm, his kindness and his tolerance when I presented my project. It was for me a great moment. It was the ingredients of a great friendship for me. And I saw to Norman somebody of loyal. Since Stoneleigh 2012, Norman gives me advices, because he knows good the sportscars, the british enthusiasts and the UK's cars culture. He is like "a ambassador" for me and it's easier for me above all about the language!! And he has a very good informatic's competences. Lot of reasons to consider Norman and his wife Lynne as friends!

And I would like to know: what do you think when Ian Stent write in the article about my car in Complete Kitcar: "Somehow I doubt a UK kitcar enthusiast would have thought to rebody  a Westfield to create a new panel conversion kit"...

Jean-Marie

What he meant was that it was an unusual and unique idea that no one else n the UK had probably ever  thought of before you did, I.e. a first!  Don't read it wrong, I'm sure it was a compliment to your ingenuity and thinking. :). That's the way I read it.

I read it the same way.

Rebodying an existing kit in this manor seems to be one of those leaps of imagination that are rare to see.

Congratulations, and an excellent article.

It's great to see how far the project has come since i first met you at Stoneleigh in 2012, while I was manning the WSCC indoor stand in the main hall, and you showed me the amazing photos you'd brought with you.

I read it as a compliment.

Jean-Marie, I don't think I'm more knowledgeable than anyone else on the forum, in fact many know far more than I about Westfields. However, nice of you to say so.

Not sure if others will agree but hasn't Jean-Marie done to a Westfiled what Caterham did to the 7 to create the 21? Only Jean-Maries creation is far better looking than the 21.

21:

280px-Caterham_21.jpg

JMC:

2061467_orig.jpg