G'Day from Oz

clansman

G;day guys and girls(?) just joined as I have my eye on a Westfield SEiW 2.0 from a pretty well known dealer. Wondering if anybody here has had dealings with "Toybox" and got any good or bad feed back. 

I work down in Australia but live in the UK so hence the title, currently here for the next 3 weeks  :down:  but somethings just have to be done if the toys are required.

do a search

Hello and thanks for joining!

I think it's safe to say that a dealer will provoke a wide range of opinion, depending on the experiences of others.  My advice is to identify exactly what you looking for and ask us to help point you in the right directions with advice.  There's frequently very good cars for sale from members in here with known histories that are worth checking.  Do you have a price range, colour preference, etc.?  What will you be using the car for, fast road, track day toy or a combination?  All important factors.

Be patient, be prepared to travel and be choosy.  :)

• Like 1

Cheers for that Scott just what I have been doing over the last couple of months, the car I have my mind on is http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/all-models/2-0l-westfield-wide-body-seiw/1313259  any opinions/comments/criticisms welcome this will be my first of this type of car so to say I am green is close.  

Primarily will be a fast road car) I hope) and then possible track/hill climb toy.....Unfortunately living way up north Tamworth is not just a quick jaunt for a test drive look see. I have found the thread re toybox and as you say a dealer is a dealer who is trying to make a living. And as we all know what sort of "general" reputation they get whether they are that way or not......guilty by association!  

Patience !!!! what is that LOL 

Welcome to the club, and good luck in your search :t-up:

I'm afraid to say that I think the car you're looking at may have recently sold to another newbie on this site only a few days ago

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/102107-new-here-thinking-of-first-westie/?p=1057098

Welcome to the club, and good luck in your search :t-up:

I'm afraid to day that I think the car you're looking at may have recently sold to another newbie on this site only a few days ago

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/102107-new-here-thinking-of-first-westie/?p=1057098

Looks like you are right ....ah well snooze you loose the search goes on 

I'm a great believer that it wasn't meant to be and something better is around the corner.  :t-up: 

• Like 1

G'day mate!

Since owning my westfield, which I got privately for £500 less than asking, cash in hand on arrival. I have discovered it's very easy to work on and since being here pretty much every one changes most things on their car... So I can assure you that the right car will come along at the same time as you having the right money.

I've seen toybox a lot, eBay and Internet. I looked at his stock, was pretty good. Heard good things and a couple of bad things... So pretty normal. There's a guy operating out of a garage next to a large house just north of Birmingham. I went there four times looking at different cars. Every time the car was lacking attention to detail and any problems he would say "well, it'll be ok, you'll just have to do X, Y, Z to repair it and you'll be on your way." Hmm... If it was that easy, why have you not done it? Was my reply... He had excuses. But I kept seeing the right car, then finding out it was his.

I won't say names or anything as he clearly sold a few cars and I'd not heard any bad things about him.

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys the wait is almost over and tomorrow morning I will be picking up the new addition to my motoring family..........It has been a long wait but I am sure the hours twiddling thumbs will be rewarded tomorrow. 

Watch this space .....

Welcome and enjoy your new toy

I think Westfields are so far removed from tin tops and just so so diffrent they just make you smile from ear to ear every time you drive one

Upgradeitus (you have been warned) will get you and your wallet soon ;)

• Like 1

good luck have fun   wot westie did you get ?

welcome to the club, I have bought a car from toybox.

Andy is a nice enough guy to speak to, but don't be fooled, at the end of the day he is trying to sell cars. i've heard good and bad things about him.

personally my car looked the part, but has required a fair bit of time and money to get it right. so make sure that you drive the car, and weigh it up proporly. take someone with you that knows westfields if need be.

and most of all don't buy if your not 100% happy as there are loads out there for sale.

I wouldn't not buy from Andy again, but I would be more thorough in the cars check over.

Well guys the wait is almost over and tomorrow morning I will be picking up the new addition to my motoring family..........It has been a long wait but I am sure the hours twiddling thumbs will be rewarded tomorrow.

Watch this space .....

I'm watching it...

That's a good approach to any Westfield, really. It doesn't matter where it comes from, the 'Bay, the factory or even the Boardroom!

It's a funny thing with kits, (it's certainly not unique to Westfields), many owners seem prepared to put up with a Lott of little niggles or things that just aren't quite right.

The good news is that these are all fixable! Just needs a little time and work, but it's also a great way of negotiating the price down a bit...

I agree with Dave, bits not quite right will give you money in your pocket! Did with mine.

But it really gives you an idea to the seller, this was not toy box... and i wont say who, a Westfield I viewed had no washer jet on the bonnet, I explained this would be important to me, he told me how easy it would be to sort out. On further looking round there were other things, but no washer bottle... No washer button... He carried on with useless sales attempt. So I looked at other westfield's he had and all seemed over priced and all had many issues. One I ended up with came from a lovely guy, went to his house, tea and cakes as I arrived, talked through build folder and history of it... Shown pictures, MOT's, his own service record... Etc.

Then out to the car. Quick look around, took me out, more in depth look round. But second I saw the car I knew it was the one.