I did my bit for Anglo Fench relationships today!

KugaWestie

I had just rolled the Westy out from the garage and had it ticking over to warm up the mega squirt.

All of a sudden this French guy appeared on the drive showing some interest in the car. So I did my bit and talked him around the car etc.

He asked me how much it cost which I chose to ignore, my business not his.

Then he told me he had never seen a car like mine (a Westfield) in the flesh before, and asked me if I would make his dream come true and take him for a run in it.

I thought about it for a few moments, and asked him where he was going when he walked by.

He told me he was going to catch a bus into Oxford and was going to the train station.

I was going partly that way, so I told him to hop in and I would drop him at a bus stop nearer Oxford.

He leapt in the car and strapped himself in quicker than I could!! I then proceeded to scare the ****e out of him fairly easily whilst he spent the whole time jabbering nervously!

When I dropped him off he gave me a big hug and thanked me profusely!

I am sure he will remember it for a long time, and hopefully it lived up to his expectations!!

• Like 2

Sure it wasn't Norman messing with you? :laugh:

Well done on being a nice and helpful human. :t-up:

Didn't you gt his address? If he lives near me I could have given him a second fright.

I did not even get his name Norman!!

Was it Roman Grojean? Go back to the bus stop and check - he's probably still there wondering how you drove so far without crashing

When I dropped him off he gave me a big hug and thanked me profusely!

I am sure he will remember it for a long time, and hopefully it lived up to his expectations!!

Gary

did you check your pockets afterwards, he may well remember you for a long time :)

Was it Roman Grojean? Go back to the bus stop and check - he's probably still there wondering how you drove so far without crashing

:-)

Gary

did you check your pockets afterwards, he may well remember you for a long time :)

All contents of pockets were untouched Chris, but I think he left a small part of himself behind in the car!!

I think he left a small part of himself behind in the car!!

Atleast you now have got a use for that blue towel now you have scrapped the old engine bits, seem to remember you infered that it had seen that before

All over to France then,  to give them a taste of a Westfield.  Lets see-----------------Demo runs 20Euros a pop.

Another bernie, they'd pay that. I can be driving slowly through town and they step in front of me to get a photo. They are totally car mad.

I know Norman.   I went to Arras years ago in my Jag. XJS S3, looking for the underground car park, asked a French bird where it was, she jumped into the passenger seat and said I show you, with a French accent of course.   She also showed me her regular French bar where she would be that evening and asked me along, Ooo La La!