Dallara 2ltr Sprint / Hillclimb Car

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

DALLARA F397 No 038

The car was initially raced in F3 for 2 years before being bought by Allan Warburton of DTA for hillclimbing. It was converted to hillclimb spec and he ran it until 2004. Then Andrew Platt bought the car and used it in British Hillclimb and British Sprint Championships, coming 3rd Overall in the British Sprint in 2005. The car was then sold to John Graham in 2011 who ran it in club events for 2011 and the British Sprint in 2012 winning the Foundation Cup and coming 11th Overall, an excellent result for a driver new to Single seaters.

BODY

Standard Dallara tub with 398 bodywork

Gould Engineering front & rear carbon wings

Stack 1000 rpm dashboard

TRS 6 Point Harness

Bonatti Grey metallic paint (2010)

SUSPENSION

Dallara Wide track

Koni Dampers (serviced & re-valved in 2009)

Set up by Gould Engineering

Later front shuttle adjusters fitted

OZ Renault F1 rear wheels 300/600 R13 Avon’s

Speedline HTC front wheels 10” 210/550 R13 Avon’s

BRAKES

Brembo 4 pot calliper’s all round

F3 Front vented disks

Bespoke solid rear disks

New pads 2010

All lines in Goodridge hose with dry break couplings for rear brake lines & clutch line

GEARBOX

Dallara casing with Hewland internals 4 Speed. (all parts available to convert back to standard 5 speed) Fully rebuilt in 2011, refresh in 2012.

Double width 1st gear

Strengthened diff side plate

X-Track drive shafts

ENGINE

Vauxhall / Opel 2.0 XE 16v 1998cc, 300bhp 200 ft. lbs. torque 9500 rpm limit

Fully rebuilt in 2011, refresh in 2012

All steel engine

Omega 2 ring slipper pistons

SBD Con Rods

Doug Kidde crank

Speiss dry sump system

Ported head with big valves

Double valve springs with titanium valve caps

Kent bespoke profile cams

DTA S80 ECU with full 4 wheel traction control & launch

Jenvey throttle bodies with 8 injectors

All fuel & oil lines in latest Goodridge lightweight hose

Samco water hoses

2 on board batteries to allow on circuit starting.

Electric water pre-heater if required

Very extensive spares package is also available

Without doubt the strongest Vauxhall in the UK as demonstrated by the speed trap figures at all UK Venues.

The car has been very carefully maintained by all its owners and is in excellent condition ready to compete. It has a very successful British Sprint & British Hillclimb history and is ready to win again.

Contact Nick Algar  nick@plays-kool.co.uk

post-16411-0-40279500-1369834678_thumb.j

post-16411-0-88673000-1369834698_thumb.j

post-16411-0-82041400-1369834708_thumb.j

post-16411-0-33879300-1369834720_thumb.j

post-16411-0-32486900-1369834736_thumb.j

post-16411-0-86214600-1369834750_thumb.j

post-16411-0-60573300-1369834763_thumb.j

post-16411-0-36842300-1369834775_thumb.j

bl**** el wuv that was a quick move it was only out the other week

bl**dy el wuv that was a quick move it was only out the other week

I don;t hang around Steve  :d  :d  :d  took it in part-ex for the Gould GR37 that I had.

it's a cracking car, and I have booked for Aintree and 3 sister at end of June, so hope it doesn;t sell to quick  :d  :d

Great step up from a Westie and I could even be persuaded to take one in part-ex  :d  :d

• Like 1

Nick you could have my vastly powered x-flow in part-ex but my concern for your safety at handling the might of the pushrod engined  SE Westfield precludes me from offering it in exchange for the dallara... :p

what a gorgeous car for someone....good luck with the sale :-) 

will a lard A*** fit in it

I will have it subject to a test drive :d

Looks a great car and I would love something like that one day.

will a lard A*** fit in it

You don;t have to be a skinny runt to get in, but there is a limit  :d  you would be OK I think, come and have a sit at Aintree  :o  :o  we'll have the Hydraulic lift ready to haul you out if you get stuck  :laugh:  :oops:

You don;t have to be a skinny runt to get in, but there is a limit  :d  you would be OK I think, come and have a sit at Aintree  :o  :o  we'll have the Hydraulic lift ready to haul you out if you get stuck  :laugh:  :oops:

He will have some lube on his bum I'm sure :)

He will have some lube on his bum I'm sure :)

Fffnnarrr

What is a car with that sort of pedigree worth Nick?

Not that I could, in my wildest dreams afford, or drive it

:( :(

What is a car with that sort of pedigree worth Nick?

Not that I could, in my wildest dreams afford, or drive it

:( :(

With all the spares I am looking for £ 25,000 for it, but happy to take a Westie in part ex to help the deal. 

As to being able to drive it, unlike the big Gould's that I have had where you really have had to drive a smaller single seater first, this would be a very driveable car for most people. They are very well mannered as they are a proper race car. As your skill builds you get faster, you get more used to the aero and pushing it round the corners, that's the real skill in driving any of these types of car, using the aero and going into corners at speeds which you are convinced it will fall of and then it goes round  :d  :d

But the actual handling and braking is so positive and you feel much more at one with the car than almost any other car you drive. :oops:  :love:

• Like 1

i think thats great value when you consider the package as a whole.... good luck Nick with the sale 

Steve will fit in, no problem ......

......... as long as he's wearing his lime green mankini.

going into corners at speeds which you are convinced it will fall of and then it goes round  :d  :d

I'm used to the first bit , might be nice to actually get round though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d  :suspect:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.