Progression?

WINGNUT

if she is I am happy to share :laugh:

she looks like she needs a good dinner to me....

She's for Phil to Dream about.

apologies for the blatant thread hi-jack. I've moderated myself and would like to get back on track now please 

My ears were burning :d

Ok let's put things from my perspective...

Almost guest levels of long windedness :laugh:;)

If I write a short post people miss the point or ask me to elaborate. If I just chuck it all out there I don't get PM's asking me if I reply to posts as in a thread they asked me a question about my post :d

Plus I've been at home, very bored, on a lot of medication... For about six months now! Either long winded on here or I'll join all the bored out of work people Jeremy Kyle!

Hi Cleggy, hope you didn't think I was singling you or your car out negatively! As I was trying to say, yours is one of the "success stories" of a thoughtfully modded Westfield, that still saw lots of use. There are plenty more like you too. It's just such a shame when you see those that rush ahead without perhaps being so honest with themselves about how they will use the car.

Of course, you will also get some who find that the reality of "Sevens" just doesn't match their day dreams, and isn't for them. For others, it's one more thing checked off the bucket list, and time to move on.

When i decided to go ahead and by my Westie i looked all over the place, spoke to god knows how many people selling theres plus dealers too!

One chap off here was selling one i enquired about and he was selling to buy a Lotus!!!!! He said to me that the usual progression is to move to a Lotus then most arrive back at a Westie! Is this the norm?

I only ask as Cleggy is looking at a possible change looking at a post i just read!

I have had quite a few westfields :blush: from slick shod race car to xflow road cars  and about 15 elises or more in various states from full blown self built lightweight supercharged charge cooled type r power 340 bhp and a Honda lotus 211  to standard elises , I love the elise as its a good usable car sort of best of both worlds car ,doors roof etc that actually work , I find westfield ownership these days to be a bind as in you cant really use them that much because of the **** weather in this country , where as the elise is a everyday car and with the civic engine fitted is awesome

don't get me wrong I have westfields and enjoy them when its sunny but these days your only 5 minutes from being soaked in a rain storm

each to there own its whatever floats your boat and gives you a smile

you either get them or you don't :yes:

though I must say bike engine space framed minis are the future so are westfield xi's :yes:  :laugh:

an XI is a dream of mine too Steve 

there will be one for sale soon wuv ;)  at a very reasonable cost

excellent - is that the one off your buddy we discussed or have you made a new one  :d

excellent - is that the one off your buddy we discussed or have you made a new one  :d

new one on the production line

Hi Cleggy, hope you didn't think I was singling you or your car out negatively! As I was trying to say, yours is one of the "success stories" of a thoughtfully modded Westfield, that still saw lots of use. There are plenty more like you too. It's just such a shame when you see those that rush ahead without perhaps being so honest with themselves about how they will use the car.

Of course, you will also get some who find that the reality of "Sevens" just doesn't match their day dreams, and isn't for them. For others, it's one more thing checked off the bucket list, and time to move on.

No not at all Dave - although your explanation did sound a bit like my story - well until the end bit anyway :laugh:

I think there are many people that skip from one craze to another - they get madly into something for a short while, do all that can be done and then start to loose interest - it is natural enough I guess

At the end of the day there will be lot's of reasons why people come and go

cleggy just reading about your hearing , is it not worth you swapping your silencer to the other side , I did it a few years ago for a customer it was quite a easy and neat swap , we fitted flared sides to get rid of the exhause hole and just extended the exhaust under the car and out the other side , you could not tell externally at all and ground clearance was hardly compromised if at all