Cockpit upgrade

SootySport

I'm 5'7" and have Playskool 6 points and JK seats with no issues. I got the seats with the JK bases and have no issues with fit

Just be careful if you are using the JK seats well forward, the lap belts then come through the holes from a different angle.  Even with edge protection, particularly if you do the belts up tight for track use, this will stress one edge of the belt, perhaps even mark it to the point of an MOT fail.

I have modified the lap belt holes on my JKs so the belt sits comfortably coming from further back. You may need to tidy up after with a bit of epoxy resin but it is a small job that done now may save you a few hundred quid in a couple of years...

Haven't done enough miles to see any wear there. Do your JKs have the moulded base from JK?

Yes drivers side has the JK base, and I had the seat fixed mounted 4 or 5 inches off the bulkhead,  over a period of about 4 years the edge of the belt became visibly marked up, an MOT fail if spotted.

I guess it is from strapping yourself in quite tight then your weight transferring into them as you brake, if the mount is too far behind the seat the edge of the belt that is uppermost takes the strain.

a)  If you are competing you prob need to replace your belts after that period of time anyway..

b) I think some cars come with an alternate mount welded in, further forward, not mine though, I checked.

Minor mod though, and I am a big fan of the seats.

My concerns were if when the seat is moved right forward on the runners, that the pull up buckles ends up back between the seat and cockpit sides causing issues with operation.

Appreciate someone trying this and commenting.

You need to try this with the specific belt type you are after - if the adjustment is 'pull up' you may lose it through the belt hole....

On car specific harnesses for the Westfield, Sabelt and Willans do them (expensive) , they have 'Pull Down Reverse Lap Strap Adjusters'  adjustment works by pulling away from the buckle, even this is awkward in the confines of a JK but can be done.   The advantage of these is the adjusters don't change position when you move the seat forward,

My concerns were if when the seat is moved right forward on the runners, that the pull up buckles ends up back between the seat and cockpit sides causing issues with operation.

Appreciate someone trying this and commenting.

I've already tried this with my little lady and she is only 5' 1".    The only way is with a bolster cushion as I said before.