Cockpit upgrade

SootySport

I've just got around to posting some photos of last winters little project, JK seats, PlaysKool 6pt. harness's, Carbon Mods arches, 3M Dinoc lining the tunnel and sides, Aerodynamix Carbon dash and JS Sports removable steering wheel so here they are-

Thanks to the suppliers, they are all pleasant and helpful people to deal with.

IMG_2307_zps43130fd3.jpg

IMG_2305_zps6f64e62a.jpg

IMG_2304_zpsc27d1252.jpg

IMG_2303_zps11d162f8.jpg

IMG_2302_zpsfb4d1f66.jpg

IMG_2300_zps16713dc3.jpg

• Like 1

:laugh: Ive been doing the same thing this weekend! Chrome yellow too!

Looks good mate  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

I'll be spending as much as you soon, Tom.

I'll third that :) , Looks great ;)

Especially the Dash, Eh!

:laugh: Ive been doing the same thing this weekend! Chrome yellow too!

Yep, black and yellow does look good.

• Like 1

Tunnel is looking great  - 1) what is the angle stuff on the corners, and where did you get it?  2) That gear gaiter is tidy too...where from?

Nice!

I've just got the JK Composites - fantastic, well impressed with them.

Also looking at what to do with the cockpit, mmmm.

Interested in how the Playskool Harness works with the JKs ?

Especially if you have the drivers seat on runners, when it's well forward ? ? ?

Tunnel is looking great  - 1) what is the angle stuff on the corners, and where did you get it?  2) That gear gaiter is tidy too...where from?

It's 15mm. pvc angle from Homebase or B&Q, can't remember which store now. It flexes just enough to follow the bends on the tunnel top, I used countersunk rivets on the vertical part only to fix.   The gear gaiter is the old original Westfield one, nothing special.

Nice!

I've just got the JK Composites - fantastic, well impressed with them.

Also looking at what to do with the cockpit, mmmm.

Interested in how the Playskool Harness works with the JKs ?

Especially if you have the drivers seat on runners, when it's well forward ? ? ?

Thats a tricky one, my seats are on runners too. The Playskool lapstrap is not long enough as it comes, I made metal straps to extend the mounting point forward and position the adjusters just inside the side belt cut out.  The 2 holes in each strap worked out at 95mm centres in my case and I only need to move the seat forward 2inches for the Pit Crew Bob (The 2nd. driver)

Thats a tricky one, my seats are on runners too. The Playskool lapstrap is not long enough as it comes, I made metal straps to extend the mounting point forward and position the adjusters just inside the side belt cut out. The 2 holes in each strap worked out at 95mm centres in my case and I only need to move the seat forward 2inches for the Pit Crew Bob (The 2nd. driver)

I'm not looking at having a crotch strap.

But wondered if the pull up lapstraps were problematic whan seat moved forward for my ' shorter' other half by 5-6 inches?

5 or 6ins.   is a big difference.  I don't think you'll get away with my idea.  The other method I considered was mounting the seats direct on the floor and doing away with the runners. so just set up the belts and seat for me. For the second and shorter driver  I was going make up a removable bolster made of rigid foam covered in PVC and shaped to the back of the seat, only the harness would have to adjusted for the 2nd. driver.  I think this would be the best method for you and the little lady and the simplest. 

5 or 6ins. is a big difference. I don't think you'll get away with my idea. The other method I considered was mounting the seats direct on the floor and doing away with the runners. so just set up the belts and seat for me. For the second and shorter driver I was going make up a removable bolster made of rigid foam covered in PVC and shaped to the back of the seat, only the harness would have to adjusted for the 2nd. driver. I think this would be the best method for you and the little lady and the simplest.

Now that's worth considering!

Might check this out with current harness before upgrading.

A combination of this and runners may work best.

Looks very tidy!

I'm about to go for an aerodynamix dash too.

My tunnel has a weird set up around the handbrake, so would look bad with Di Noc. But am tempted to Di Noc behind seats and under them.