Speed series road going class 1A tyres

James Spicer

James, I guess you will be in the class above me as I have a mighty x-flow with simply masses of power..... I'm a newbie too - look forward to seeing you in the paddock this year... james 

I'm on toyo t1r... probably been on stickier tyres but the rules changed after I bought them.....

C'est la vie

I'll be on T1Rs too, with a road set up.

couldn't see me leading the field in stickies anyway so I'll be chasing your times John!  :p

I miss 1a's they are so much easier on the wallet, i fail to see the advantage of 1b's if everyone is on them - part of the reason for moving on from sprinting.

Agree,

4 x Toyo T1R'S, 195/50/15 for £150.00 on the net, including delivery, cheap motorsport

They also to an extent, in class, reduced the advantage that big horsepower cars had, as they were not able to get their power down

Target times however, was the reason for me hanging up my boots

• Like 1

I bought 4 x AO48's off the bay in super soft for 90 quid - is that cheap? 185/205 R13

• Like 1

To put a different view on this.

It's the first season I've run with 1b tyres. (Only my second season) and the difference is night and day.

The whole point of sprinting is to get from a-b as quickly as possible. As the tyre is the only point of contact with the road it makes sense to invest in this area.

Running 1b tyres unlocks the full potential of your car and makes us as class a/b drivers more competitive on the day. Also means on the day a car in class a/b can compete with the more "experienced/old" drivers in c/d sometimes...

in a financial sense, spend £5-10k on a car then restrict your performance for the sake of £200-300?

However this is just my view and it could change dramatically if I put it in the greenery at the next event!

I bought 4 x AO48's off the bay in super soft for 90 quid - is that cheap? 185/205 R13

The Toyo T1R's are brand new stock from an authorised Toyo distributor

No idea how old your AO 48's are, do you know?

• Like 1

they were checking tyres for e marks at anglesey last month , it seems to be the latest thing to check they were moving people to different classes because lack of e marks , i have a westy in at the mo fitted with zzr's and they are not e marked ,im not that well up on zzr's but worth checking your own

Wow you have been lucky, manufactured December 2012, would probably mean they were landed here in the UK in January 2013

Possibly used for testing during the winter by a team with money, prior to going on ebay

Yes £90.00 for 4, was a good price for nearly new AO48'S tyres

:)