Should we bring back hanging?

CL290005

Just imagine it was your son/wife/dad that got the death sentence. You knew they were innocent, and you had to watch them be executed. Unspeakably terrible. And that happens in America right now.

But we are already watching the innocent being executed!

As the man said

An eye for an eye

Someone else said, "and eye for an eye and we'll all end up blind"

The innocent were executed, but not by our doing.

It's not that I'm on the fence with this one, just one or those head ruling heart things. I'm slightly ashamed to say in my heart I'm probably a hanging and flogging supporter.

My head tells me that as far as capital punishment goes there are so incredibly few instances where 100% guilt could be proven, that in reality it would be I possible to guarantee you didn't kill anyone by mistake. And even in my blackest most hangingest moods I've never considered that a few innocent deaths would be acceptable collateral damage.

So I'd settled for life genuinely meaning life, ten years being ten years. Etc. oh yes and chain gangs.

Hmm I'd like to carry on with this but as i'm recovering from a heart attack and not supposed to get stressed it's time to back off.

My thoughts are with that poor lads family 

Well said Marto. keep well mate, God Bless that young soldier and his loved ones.  

• Like 1

The answer is obviously to have The Running Man on Saturday night TV. Far better than the other dross

I'm all for a hanging cage!

They stay there till proven innocent or starvation...

Which ever comes first. If in a public place people (supporters) can feed and water them. Then once people get bored, they starve.

Back on a more serious note. Afternoon nap time and Mrs C had TV on with the parent's and wife. I couldn't see it. But the tone of the step father, I think, and tears from mother/wife were proof that this whole incident should have minimal coverage, maximum respect and let the family grieve in peace. Their son/husband/father will no longer be Lee Rigby, but "That soldier that was murdered outside that Army camp!"

Yes it's good to hear how they are getting on and show our support... But their houses will look like a gypsy site, with all the TV vans and reporters. If anyone has ever been to a funeral, imagine it with a wedding photographer bouncing about outside and a film crew. You all know it'll be a picture of his wife destroyed, holding his child and a coffin with a union flag draped over it. Imagine how it is for them to have all these pictures for weeks after!

Monday I'm going to the National Memorial Arboretum.

http://www.thenma.org.uk/

I would make it a run out, however I can't drive at the moment. This day out was planned as soon as I heard of the incident on the news. I have been many times and have several friends mentioned on several plaques. I'm sure many of you here will know names mentioned.

It's a pretty nice drive, bonus, and always really peaceful. There's a cafe, couple of little tea/cake huts and a gift shop. Entry is on a donation basis. I always support the gift shop too.

Every conflict post World War Two I believe is remembered, where every soldier, such as Drummer Lee Rigby, is remembered. All military personel, police officers, ambulance and fire crews that have fallen while in a military conflict or as a result of terrorist attacks are named and remembered.

It is not like a cemetery, but very peaceful with lots of information on different conflicts and operations.

If anyone would like any more information, please PM me. I've been more than a dozen times since it opened. Sometimes as a part of a parade or event. Sometimes for a bit of a Blatt and some peace. Sometimes just for a nice walk.

We've done this one before and the do gooders overrode. My stance then as now is, if beyond all doubt they are guilty as in the case of these two guys what is the issue apart from the martyrdom issue, for Brady no question.There are plenty of other "jobs" these pair could be given whilst under custody, looking after the pigs or dogs and being fed bacon sandwiches and pork pies. But I suppose that would infringe on there human rights, well they just said goodbye to them in my opinion, the absolute butchers words have failed me for once. Same as the right to have a vote, no chance if in nick think again. Seriously if the Islamic people had their say and under their own rules they wouldn't be cossetted with sky TV which our deserving pensioners may wish to have also being warm fed and secure shouldn't be the punishment for a heinous crime. As you may have picked up I am a huge sympathiser with Islam as I have many friends from my various times abroad. We aren't doing the issue any favours and the UK Islamics aren't able to do as there own rules tell them because we think the punishments are barbaric, hand off for stealing is a way of forcing the guilty one to eat with the hand he does his ablutions with, a big no no in Islam, they are anything but stupid.

I'm out before I overstep the mark. Again.

Bob :no:  :angry:

The answer is obviously to have The Running Man on Saturday night TV. Far better than the other dross

Brilliant! :-)

We aren't doing the issue any favours and the UK Islamics aren't able to do as there own rules tell them because we think the punishments are barbaric, hand off for stealing is a way of forcing the guilty one to eat with the hand he does his ablutions with, a big no no in Islam, they are anything but stupid.

Bob :no::angry:

See there's what you get for knowing actual reasons.

I admit I did not know that, I knew left hand is "dirty hand" and right hand for eating and "clean hand". But not until Bob pointing it out did I realise removing one hand would have so many meanings!