Should we bring back hanging?

CL290005

I would use them like we use cars for parts when the cars have gone wrong beyond repair

Kidneys, hart, bone marrow, eyes.

Hanging I feel is such a waste of useful body parts that good people need and deserve

Now that's an idea ;)

Not sure religion is to blame that much, it's just used as a cover to grab what you may want.

Paul, how many Muslims do you think live in our country 10%, 15%. I don't know but It's not many.

I would use them like we use cars for parts when the cars have gone wrong beyond repair

Kidneys, hart, bone marrow, eyes.

Hanging I feel is such a waste of useful body parts that good people need and deserve

Now that's an idea ;)

Would you want Muslim bits???

Be like fitting Japanese engines to a Westfield... Oh... Umm... French engines is what I meant!

Muslim take overs and hanging? Really?! It's like the Daily Mail in here again today.

There have always been terrorists. There always will be. Religion isn't the root cause of the worlds ills. Millennia of of human nature is all the evidence you need.

15% max but the speed in which they take over communities ..

only a matter of time not sure when the first mosque was built in the uk but around every town,city  must be one been

built every year.

religion isn't the cause but the crazies that say they belong to that religion are.

It's true...

Religion is used as a tedious link and as an excuse... The reason is boarder control is pathetic and our politicians just sapping the our taxes to line their own pockets!

Lets try this out... MP's from the party not in power receive 50% pay and benefits. So party in power receives full pay and they have to do a decent job to stay there!

It's the loud minority that spoil it for the majority.

As with full burkha's being worn by Muslim females and they say "it's our religion" but a nurse gets sacked for wearing a silver cross because it's not uniform.

Nowhere in the Koran does it state the head dress has to be worn! The head dress is a control measure for the husband to not allow another person to look at his wife.

Picture this...

You're fighting in Afghanistan, big explosion... Next thing you wake up in a hospital with a nurse wearing a full head dress!!! Yes soldiers are sedated in Afghanistan and flown back while "in coma" and wake up in Birmingham, with this kind of head dress worn by the nurses. I've known several soldiers "flip out"!

Even elderly patients that are hard of hearing, need to see the person speaking and if full head dress is worn, add an accent and you get totally confused elderly patients!

Would you want Muslim bits???

Be like fitting Japanese engines to a Westfield... Oh... Umm... French engines is what I meant!

If you need bits you need bits or get to the back of the line.

It's right in so many ways

I hate waste

Helping society

Saving lives and money

Getting some good out of a truly bad situation

And not actuary letting them completely die to complete there circle and meet there god

I just can't see a problem with it at all

Kill them slowly and use the bits as spares ;)

I like the idea of using their organs so that parts of them are still alive and they are unable to complete their transition to their 40 little boy virgins!

However puts a whole new side to

"The liver is evil and needs to be punished!"

I do feel we should let the Americans deal with them. Their prison system is far more suited to handle these people. With all the good and compassion in the world, there are something's that can not be forgiven or un done.

Clearly they wanted to be shot and killed by the police. Keeping them alive is the best thing to do. I would have them in a cage, with an exercise wheel bottle of water on the side and daily change their bowl of food. A corner of sawdust as a toilet and pile of straw for a bed! Then move him from "appropriate" places. Like a girls only school science lab, a pig farm (for slaughter)... Other suggestions???

Black humour is one thing, (plenty of it here on site this morning), but can I just remind everyone this is a public and FAMILY orientated forum. Perhaps tone it down just a little?

Goading each other into crossing the line will only mean tears and more work for the mods sorting it all out!

I don't agree with Hanging as a punishment,  too many miscarriages of justice have seen people hanged and then there is no chance of reversing a jury's decision or right of a appeal.   The terrorists we all despise would be quite happy on seeing the death penalty re introduced, it would seem as a Badge of Honour for them, they fear nothing, as you have witnessed on the News this week, they had no intentions of making an escape.  On that basis terrorist crime might even increase.

Please don't catagorise Muslim people as all terrorists, 99.99% of them are very intelligent, gentle, law abiding people as are the indigenous people of the UK. There are bad apples in all religions and in all countries.

• Like 1

We have become too soft, too willing to make excuses for people, too willing not to tell the truth. Why is it wrong if the majority of crime in certain areas are carried by blacks to say so? Why is it wrong to say crime goes up when Gypsies start camping down your road. why is it wrong to say that there is a problem with muslim gangs grooming young vunerable girls? In my mind it isn't, but we have too many who don't want to discuss the truth.

Why does this happen? It is because we as a people accept it! Burn a koran and that is a racial offence, call gypsies pikey's again you are in trouble etc we need to push for the laws to be applied where needed regardless of race or religion.

And as for religion? When you had small children an imaginery friend was okay until you got to school and everyone took the mick, but grow up and find religion, hey it is okay to have an imaginery friend and to do untold crimes in his name. And if you are a celebrity it is not good enough to chose from any of the standard set of gods, on no you must have your own special one .

As people have said so much hurt has been done in the name of some god or other.

I just hope that we see benevolant aliens come and explain they put us here and watch the whole rotten house of religion and religious fanatics come crashing down.  

YES 

I'm with chuck them in a cage.

Problem with killing people for "justice" is that many innocent people die. Do a little research into how many people are released from prison each year for wrongly being jailed and you will soon get the picture.

Just imagine it was your son/wife/dad that got the death sentence. You knew they were innocent, and you had to watch them be executed. Unspeakably terrible. And that happens in America right now.

"Oh but we saw these guys do the murdering - they are 100% guilty".  - So how do we create a law that defines "100% definitely, guilty" (we already have that law - and it fails frequently). Or do we just have a law for televised murder?. No matter what system you create, innocent people slip through the net, as do the guilty, of course.

We wave are arms in the air in horror when people are stoned to death. It's still killing whichever way you look at it. We are above that. We are better than that. Leave the "revenge" justice to the Middle East and America.

All the research shows that the death penalty makes zero difference to murder rates - the type of people that commit murder are not thinking about their own futures. So if it makes no difference to murder rates, then the death penalty has to be all about revenge. Grisly, revenge. 

We are definitely better than that.