Should we bring back hanging?

CL290005

Is it about time we made a statement to these horrendous incidents?

i've never voted for any political party ever...

which ever party brings back capital punishment will get my vote :yes:

No

If we had hanging we'd break the British tradition of not following through with punishments.

Sod hanging, make cells just a room, no window, a toilet, sink and bed. Have educational books in the library and discovery channel on televisions. If 10yrs is sentance, 10yrs is served. Make traffic wardens hand out punishments! There's no messing with them!

Rather than hanging, lock them in a cage until they die.

I'll put my neck out and say they'll get 25yrs, serve 12yrs and be re-educated, re-homed, employed and new identities.

Is it about time we made a statement to these horrendous incidents?

Isn't hanging someone just as barbaric?

I'll put my neck out

Generally what hanging someone does!

i've never voted for any political party ever...

which ever party brings back capital punishment will get my vote :yes:

Must work because America are much further ahead in the 'war on terror'.....

Some of the jihadis crave martydom...

Someone on facebook asks for a ban on free speech to suspected terrorist groups and convicted felons.

Now we have a call for state murder.

Reminds me of something........ Oh yes, Germany in the 1930s.

Millions died between 1939 and 1945 defending free speech, You may not agree with what someone says but if you start banning people from publicising their views you are on a slippery slope. 

We'll be banning dog lovers next if we don't like dogs.

If you had a vote today hanging would be brought back as the majority of people want it. It will never happen as people do not like the idea of a miscarraiage on justice.

Instead Life should mean life, as it was promised to the people when it was abolished after Ruth Ellis was hanged, and Derek Bentley. Both were seen as wrong Derek Bentley as he was an 18 year old menatlly deficent lad with a 16 year old who shot a policeman, the case hung on wether "let him have it" meant shoot him or give him the gun? Ruth Ellis was an attractive young woman with a child who was being violently abused by a man who she shot.

To me there is a whole list that would be hung where there is no doubt as to guilt. Ian Bradey is an example. at the moment he is being forced fed as he wants to die, let him.

As for being barbaric, perhaps it is but not half as barbaric as keeping these people, well fed, warm with good medical care 24 hour attention, when we put our old people in homes where they get a worse deal.

• Like 1

A prisoner has more rights and comforts than a soldier!

The prisoner also costs a lot more, about £60000 per year, compared to an average squaddie C£25000

Not much makes me angry but I feel I have to vent.

Capital punishment won't work with terrorists and people who see that martyrdom makes them succeed in their "holy struggle". We should have tougher sentences, life should mean life, kept in for the rest of their days, and hopefully a long time at that. Keep them alive is what I say.

But we also have to be seen as "better than them." Organisations like the EDL do nothing for Britain and stir up hatred among the 99.9% of decent Islamic Britains who want to be here and be part of British life. We also have to work with Islamic leaders to try to stop their youth becoming radicalised  

I also can't see that the west "waging its war against terrorism" in other lands works either. Naturally it's seen by the residents of these countries as invasion and I know how I'd react if Britain was invaded.

Bush and Blair wanted to do something after 911 but all they have done is make matters worse as far as I can see. Blair saw Thatchers success with the Falklands and saw his place in history cemented.

It's our soldiers stuck in the middle - doing their duty when asked and now having to lay down their lives on our streets. We should bring them back.

Religion has a lot to answer for in my opinion. Holy wars have been fought through out history, one creed then another. We have to find a way to make this stop. 

Aidan

agree about religion Aiden, causes more deaths and wars than anything else, although the crazies believe they are following a religion they are not...

i firmly believe in 100-200 years maybe even sooner the country we live in will be a muslim country, run by muslim's for muslim's.     I have no issue with any faith if followed as it should be but we are a weak country that just rolls over and the will of the muslim faith is very strong .

only my opinion...